Meet up on Sunday 24th July

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ HERE

Moderator: admin

Meet up on Sunday 24th July

Postby kittycat » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:21 pm

:D We're hoping to arrange another meet up before the international one in September....At the moment we think it'll be in Greenwich, London, as there's green spaces for malory's picnic, a market, and a free museum and bars if it rains.. I hope to get there via riverboat from Kingston and change at Westminster, but others are coming from various places. Miles is contacting his friends who are regular attenders, so anyone interested in joining in can pm malory, miles, bluey or me. If anyone wants to come, but is too nervous to take public transport alone, we will try to arrange something. It's just a nice day out with new friends,....nothing more...no agenda....and, you won't be the only one who everyone can smell :oops: and if you were, we'll love you anyway:D But it hasn't happened yet, promise :D
kittycat

Re: Meet up on Sunday 24th July

Postby malory » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:50 pm

Lovely idea, Kitty. Can't wait for this, especially if the weather lasts.
I'll get working on a picnic menu straight away:
Now let me see: water, fresh pineapple, potato salad in olive oil and salt...hmmm!

And I promise not to bully anyone who hasn't signed the petition yet:
http://www.bloodbornebodyodorandhalitos ... nding.html
malory

Postby malory » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:04 pm

Oh, did I not mention that the petition has only 71 signatures at present?
Try this link (the other one didn't work)

http://www.meboresearch.org/petition.html

see u on 24th July whether you sign or not.
malory

Postby idealist » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:23 am

Hi Guy's I know that Kittycat is arranging a meet-up on the 24th of July at Greenwich park. As a resident of the borough of Greenwich I can confirm that Kitty has picked a great location. The park is huge and has a lovely flower garden, cafe and much more and the museum and Royal Observatory are all located within the park. Also boat trips can be taken.

Less than a five minute walk (2min) is Greenwich Market and on SATURDAY AND SUNDAY Greenwich Market is open between 10am - 5.30pm and sells Food-to-go, Arts & crafts and Fresh produce not to mention the quirky shops located in Greenwich high street.

The National Maritime Museum (Maritime Galleries) opens from 10-5pm and it is Free, the Queen's House is Free, The Royal Observatory - Astronomy Centre is Free, the market (which is indoors) is free as to is the park :D People can bring their own lunch or buy food in the market or any of the food outlets, there are plenty of pubs and if the weather is not great the market and museum will come in handy. Apart from all that is mentioned above it is a nice chance to meet up with other members and do a little window shopping or have a nice chat or drink in the park.... It will even be a nice day out if people have children or dogs.....

Hopefully if this goes well than maybe other meet-ups (not in just in London) can go ahead!

PS-if you cannot send a letter to your MP today than try and sign the petition (there is an option to remain anonymous if you like). :D :D :D :D :P
idealist

Postby malory » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:02 am

Lovely weather today so tomorrow should be a great day to go to Greenwich. Come along everyone! See you there.
malory

Postby kittycat » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:27 am

We're meeting 1ish on the Tattershall Castle, waiting for Miles to get out of bed, and then getting the riverboat to Greenwich for a few hours.... Malory will be there to sign autographs :D and we hope to see Arun in Greenwich :D ...Some of us will return to Waterloo about 6ish........ Miles will be dancing til dawn :lol:
Pm any of us if you want to come along, and we'll give you our mobile phone numbers :D xxxxx
kittycat

Postby kittycat » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:33 am

:D Well I had a lovely day :D but I might need to apologise for enjoying a few too many strawberry ciders, and getting loud, and hogging the conversation too much :oops: Also got heartburn from the chips, so might have been breathing toxic breath unrelated to Tmau. :? Thanks to malory, bluey and miles, (the twins) for being great company, as usual. Do odour problems only attack the nicest people, or does it make us nicer people?.........Sweet and talented newbie, lines+shapes came with her wonderful sister, who is a non-sufferer... ( we all wanted you as our sisters :D )and idealist found us this time :D I expected a pretty and refined lady from the posts, but a goddess arrived! A modest goddess, so she'll be blushing now. :oops: It was more of a pub crawl than a visit to Greenwich, so we missed the market and museums, but did climb the hill and saw the stunning views and sunset. See you all again at Arun's knees-up, sorry meet up, in September :D love kittyx
P.s. Sorry I showed the whole pub the ST's in my shoes! :oops:
kittycat

Postby idealist » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:26 pm

Hi, Kitty, malory, bluey, lines + shapes+sister and miles :D

Sorry I feel a little bit disorientated???????? It was interesting to meet you all , everyone was very friendly and welcoming. I did get the impression that I baffled Kitty somewhat :? Who is one stylish (looks of a model) woman, You look incredibly young (what is your secret?) Malory also looks 12/15 yrs younger, bluey thinks it maybe down to TMAU :lol:

Thanks bluey for the lift home ;) Sorry I have been to ill to turn on my phone to text you thanks, the small keypad looks very blurry.

Lines + shapes I really hope at some point you return to university, there are lots of options maybe look at a uni that offers part-time, I know art degrees are mainly full-time but Google and see. It pains me to know that you are not living up to your full potential and you have gone 'underground' as most of us here have done. You are still young and I would not like you or anyone to look back in 30/40yrs time and be thinking I wish I did...... Anway I am sure in time your situation will improve.

Miles have a nice time in Europe. x

Kitty the ST's in shoes was a really lol moment: lol:
idealist

Postby BLUEY » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:51 pm

Hi all,

Idealist, it was nice to meet you sorry to hear you are unwell and i wish you a speedy recovery you are welcome for the lift home glad you got home safley no need to thank me its all good.

Lines + shapes and sister sorry cant remember your name, but it was nice to meet you both and what your sister did as in coming with you and being a support i thought was really comendable! I know it was alot for you to take in but you made a brave step by coming and i hope you enjoyed it. Give your self some time to get your head around everything and get yourself into a good mindset before you do anything and most importantly do it in your own time at your own pace, dig deep, focus and keep strong and you will come out the other end of it ok.

Kitty, Malory, Miles, a pleasure as always lovley to see you and catch up, lookfoward to seeing you all again.
Kitty, not nice things seem to always happen to the nice ones from what ive seen in life but i think cause we are all so kind, caring and compasionate in general and from this disorder we will always have that about us and a better understanding in life and towards others whatever crosses they have to bare.

I reckon im onto something with us all looking so young maybe thats our upside to having this disorder, keep young everyone lol, positive, safe and well.

Much love and my warmest of wishes.

Blu xxxx
BLUEY

Postby lines+shapes » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:58 pm

Hi guys,

It was nice to see you all. I was extremely nervous, but I think I did okay. I did really enjoy it. Idealist I am going to go back, I would be really disappointed with my self if I didn't. Art is something I love, and when I do it, it transcends the boundaries that this problem creates. Seeing how you all seem to 'get on with things' even though you have the problem has made me want to do more. I have just been so depressed because of this problem and alot of other things, that its been quite overwhelming really. I am getting better now, but it taken quite a long time. I wish I got to talk to you more Bluey, my sister said you were a really nice guy. Maybe next time. Thanks for your advice, it means alot. And as for my sister, well she is wonderful. She's always been there for me. We don't really talk about the TMAU problem that much, but by coming with me on sunday, I think she understands alot more now. We're really close. Anyway, I am going to try and do more things now, slowly but surely. I need to build my confidence up again. Thanks for all your advice.

Take care guys. :)
lines+shapes

Next

Return to Read it here