IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ HERE

Moderator: admin

Re: Channel 4 Factual 'Food Hospital' - TMAU Volunteer needed

Postby smelly » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:59 am

Wow Ellie, foxy lady! You rocked :D
smelly

Postby malory » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:49 am

Fantastic work, Ellie on channel 4's Food Hospital programme. You did a brilliant job. We must all thank you for drawing attention to the dangers of the (TMAU) treatment protocol so clearly. your weight loss of 3 stone really hit home. I hope that some of the medical profession were watching. Brilliant job

I told all the targeted organisations about the programme. Let's hope they watched it.
Thanks to everyone who e-mailed the NPSA about the issues Ellie raised in her programme and also to those who contacted the dental organisations to raise awareness. Good job.
This is exciting stuff
malory

Postby kittycat » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:30 pm

This is such a well crafted programme, and Ellie you were lovely...We're blessed to have such people on the forum...They're bound to make Food Hospital Re-visited :D kcx
kittycat

Postby lyndsey » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:03 pm

Ellie well done on Tuesday night you were terrific.

Lyndsey xxxx
lyndsey

Postby Ellie Girl » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:37 am

Thanks guys - the diet's helped a little although for me it was reintroducing the foods I'd cut out. It's helped me mentally beacuse I've realised I can't sacrifice my health so I'm reintroducing foods on weekends but have found the trick is to limit the amount. So not to go crazy and eat a whole packet of crumpets - to figure out what is an acceptable low choline level and not go over that. I still won't do it in public though - and some things like alohol and so on are things I'll have a thome on a weekend. But yes, it's mentally helped me very much and was an eye opener in terms of the long term damage I was doing to my health.

I hope the programme was helpful.

Ellie xx
Ellie Girl

Postby flower » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Thanks, Ellie,

For sharing your experiences to us and to make the public aware,
It gives hope...
You are inspirational,

Flower
flower

Postby Ellie Girl » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:58 pm

Thank you so much again for all your lovely comments :D Sorry if I seemed a little reserved in my last reply - I've been a bit overwhelmed by how lovely everyone's been about it.

And it's had a public effect - some people at work saw me on it (not just my colleagues) and have been completely brilliant and supportive. I could not have imagined such a response. It's put a real spring in my step.

I don't want to seem trite - but we should be proud of who we are and the courage we put out there every day. I've been listening loads to Lady Gaga recently and my fave song - it just makes me feel great to be me -

'I'm on the right track Baby, I was born this way.' Be proud of who you are. We are amazing people.

E xx
Ellie Girl

Postby stinky17 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:51 pm

it was better for me when family/friends found out i had it they understand more, its only strangers that look funny at me n laugh sometimes when i do smell but i dont worry as much anymore cause i think they dont no me so let em think what they like! its nice to here how happy u are u go girl !!! loving the lady gaga lol :D xx
stinky17

Postby mel304067 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:18 pm

Ellie your fab!
I needed to see someone like me on telly so I could tell everyone I know "thats it- thats what I've got!"
Then they can see its ok to admit the problem and not pretend its not there! THANKYOU
mel304067

Previous

Return to Read it here