Radio BBC York

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ HERE

Moderator: admin

Radio BBC York

Postby gazela » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:51 pm

8-) Hi All

Its me again, I was on radio BBC York for a couple of minutes last Friday being asked about the TMAU story in the Yorshire Post, anyway they were very interested in the piece so they have asked me to do a half hour bit in between music and chat tomorrow at I believe 10.30-11.00.

8-) Gazela
gazela

Re: Radio BBC York

Postby seagreen » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi Gazela

Very well done, it couldn't have been easy doing a live radio interview. Although the DJ said he hadn't spoken to you beforehand, he must have a very thorough researcher as his questions and prompts were spot on. I was glad you mentioned about us having to pay for all our supplements, products we try etc. and in particular the psychological effects it has on us.

You are extremely fortunate to have such a supportive wife who even joins you on your diet, has given up some of her social life and does all your extra laundry - hope you show her the appreciation she deserves!

My family pretend they can't smell me but ostracize me and mock me behind my back - my only sister wouldn't even sit beside me at my dad's funeral. I heard through the grapevine that my odour had filled the church, although I suspected it as many people walked past me without shaking my hand. I was very hurt. I presume it must have been caused by the stress of it as I had been well and sticking rigidly to my diet beforehand.

Keep up the good work.
seagreen
seagreen

Postby gazela » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:13 am

:lol: Hi All

The radio piece went out on Radio BBC York at about 10.10am for around 20 mins or so, you can listen to it on BBC i Player.

I thought the interviewer was excellent and was very understanding and wanting to learn about the problem and effects on us sufferers.

I hope everyone is happy with what I say during these conversations I have on air or in the press, I am not sure it is accurate with every one of us, but can only tell it as it is to me.

It was incredibly difficult to do as I had to stand outside by the broadcast van, when I spoke I could hear myself a little behind my speach. This made it very hard to think what I was saying, and at times I lost my train of thought, so did not get out exactly what I had meant to say. I can only say I did my best and hope it got the main items over to all the listeners?

I am not an expert just a sufferer like the rest of you out there and want to get the message to the masses that we are normal healthy, educated, clean individuals, with a recognised illness.

Keep Flying the Flag....
Best wishes to all fellow sufferers
8-) Gazela
gazela

Postby magsie » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:02 am

Hi Gazela,
Very well done, thank you for being our champion of the cause & spreading the word about TMAU. It must improve your confidence too, although it's nerve racking at the time. I've been on TV several times, but only on quiz/chat shows & not talking about medical problems, or anything too personal. Shame the doctors in England can't organise a conference to learn more about all body odour conditions, and have some patients with TMAU tell them how it is!
magsie

Postby smelly » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:11 pm

Gazela,
I thought the interview was soooo good it sounded like it was a script, with both of you saying the right things at the right times. :ugeek: You’re like an old pro, Luvey, Darling! I dont know how it could have been done any better. Even I learnt something from it!
smelly

Postby c64 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Hi gazela!
I'm 2 years late :? , but great interview!
By the way, I like your accent :)
c64

Postby emmagia » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:35 am

This forum is written in very a good manner and it contains many useful information for me :)
emmagia

Return to Read it here