Raising money

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ HERE

Moderator: admin

Raising money

Postby Ruby » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:54 am

Hello everybody, I think I would like to do something to help raise money for research into TMAU. I was thinking of doing something during the summer. Has anyone else tried to raise money for the cause ? I am hoping to raise money and awareness too. Any ideas of what i could do?
Ruby

Re: Raising money

Postby PoetFire » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:10 am

Hi Ruby. Sounds interesting. What sort of things did you have in mind ?

Throwing a random idea forward : perhaps start a fundraiser on a crowdfunding site such as indiegogo ?

Just a random thought.
PoetFire

Postby Ruby » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:22 pm

Thanks Poetfire, I haven't previously come across indigogo but I have had a look and it seems like large scale fundraising with other groups of people? Is that right? So if each member on here joined the group and we all did our own small manageable fundraising thing, for instance, walking from Lands End to John o'groats (or anything!) and then take the raised funds and put that into a big pot and then huzzah! more money for research!? I had a look and Indiegogo charge a % on the amount you raise. I wanted to do the three peaks challenge tbh. Ruby
Ruby

Postby unluckyme » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:32 am

Hi, I got in touch with someone last year about doing a sky dive as some of my friends would to do this as well, not that I would love to do it as am a bit scared of hights, but i would do anything to help. I have not heard back from anyone.
The charity that you use would then be on there system with other charities for people to choose from if they dont have a charity of there own. Im in newcastle upon Tyne and willing to help in any way xx
unluckyme

Return to Read it here