project

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ HERE

Moderator: admin

project

Postby idealist » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:45 am

I all :D I am completing a visual/ sound project for my final year and wondering if anyone wanted to take part. It is to do with smell but visually. I am still working out how I am going to convey smell and the idea of an online community either visually / sound- I hopefully want to begin at the end of February.

email me if you don't mind taking part- ps I am based in London.
idealist

Re: project

Postby beautifulsoul39 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:34 pm

I would love to help but London travelling not an option at the moment sight is very strongly linked to smell,hence when you look at packageing for air freshners ,perfume etc im part of a national panel that makes perfume in Argentina amongst every single product that has a smell they manufact ,if you walked into a room with a group of people and say 7 out of ten people faked that something stinks ( when it had no smell but say looked dirty) you would assume it smelt aswell as subconsciously you watched the others and the picture in your brain would register differently,maybe you could survey people asking what would visually look like it smelt using colors and what smell means to them either nice ,or not then you would see a colour description you can work with
beautifulsoul39

Postby idealist » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:01 pm

Thanks beautiful soul,
Yes a survey would be good ;)

I was in a lecture just formulating ideas and my lecturer told as to start making request even if we only have a basic idea.

So Just to update everyone I do not need to video record or take picture of anyone. I want to do a audio recording but it would also be helpful to have receipts -perfume,deodorant, air fresheners, food plan/receipts etc (over 4/6weeks). it would be nice to interview someone (audio only) or and accompany someone visiting the doctors for testing/or checkup (audio again). I can have more than one person providing different elements so know one should worry if they don't want to take part in all my requests.....

Reminder -this is mainly a audio so no film/photo's will be used of anyone taking part. :D

heres a link to my a student that was in my class last year her project was on fat yoga and was beyond brilliant https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s5DWShw8_DM
idealist

Postby beautifulsoul39 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:16 pm

Just watched the link Talented ,awesomeness, i definitely cant do audio i have a very distintive voice and people would know exactly who i am lol ,sounds promising Your project though
beautifulsoul39

Return to Read it here