give up smoking

anything unrelated to tmau

Moderator: admin

give up smoking

Postby lyndsey » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:52 pm

Hi everyone

Does anyone know what aids can be used in giving up smoking I have know reached the mindset that I want to stop smoking and have got some lozenges to help give up are these ok to use, would appreciate any advice on what others have used to stop smoking cant use patches as they gave me nightmares.

Thanks Lyndsey xxx
lyndsey

Re: give up smoking

Postby idealist » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Not sure of aids but eveyone I know has sworn by Allen Carr's first book (Easy Way to Stop Smoking ). Good luck x
idealist

Postby lyndsey » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:44 pm

Thanks Idealist

Nice to see you on hope all going well with you.

Love Lyndsey xxxx
lyndsey

Postby smelly » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:54 pm

Hi lyndsey,

I would ask your GP to give you everything hes got! Aparently they have funds specifically for this purpose so you should hopefully be offered counselling type help, maybe even hypnotherapy if you are in the right area where there this is available.

Good luck. Ive heard nicotine is more addictive than alcohol or heroine. :shock:
smelly

Postby smelly » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:00 pm

Oh, and things that have worked for friends and realtives are:

putting the 'cigarette money' in a jar and buying something nice with it as a treat you wouldnt otherwize be able to have (good incentive).

hypnotherapy, and aversion therapy in self help books.

:)
smelly

Postby kittycat » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:49 pm

Hi Lyndsey, Always lovely to see your name on the board :D My friend gave up smoking 5years ago by chewing the nicorette gum.......Trouble is, she's still chewing the gum :? Where she used to light up, at the first sign of stress, she now reaches for the gum and chews like mad....She feels better for it though, and has lost the smokers cough. Don't you feel the lozenges will work? Kittyx
kittycat

Postby lyndsey » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:05 am

Hi Smelly & Kittycat

Thanks for all the great tips Kittycat the lozenges are brilliant was lightheaded first one with the nicotine rush lol its just the ingredients I was worried about if it would make me stink more. Lovely to hear from you two as well I have starting taking syntol probiotics that bought of ebay for £25 90 tabs and they are def the best I have tried to date and I have also started drinking aloe vera juice ransom and my stomach has never felt so good has anyone else tried aloe vera. Kittycat what have you been up to any holidays lined up .

Take care you two
Lyndsey xxxx
lyndsey

Postby kittycat » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:29 am

Hi Lynds,

I think I'll try the aloe vera juice sounds good :D All hols cancelled at the moment due to failing 20yr old cat :cry: Bracing myself for that last visit to the vet :cry: We are going to Edinburgh 11th-17th September. We go there almost yearly anyway, but one of the ladies on my last hol, to Mull, lives there, so looking forward to seeing her too. If anyone on the forum fancies meeting up there, I'd love to meet up :D :D
We're all hoping that you'll make it to the September meet up Lyndsey, but if not, there'll be others :D And Blu and I often talk of joining you on your walk round your harbour, then kicking our shoes off in Wetherspoons :lol: You might have a Tmau invasion! Good luck with giving up the fags....the mindset is the main thing to beat it...love kittyx
kittycat

Postby lyndsey » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:06 am

Hi Kittycat

Sorry to hear about cat but couldnt be with a better person with all your healing. I hope you enjoy Scotland and I would love if sometime you and bluey could make a trip to Ireland. Hope you both keepin well and it was lovley to read all the stories about your meet up I am looking forward to meeting the two goddesses (idealist and you) someday.

Take care
Lyndsey xxxx
lyndsey

Postby kittycat » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:28 pm

Idealist is the goddess! I think her saying I had model looks was due to her being kind, and well bred (or she might have meant I could do QVC :lol: ) Anyway, we did have a nice day out. Malory was saying we should arrange a short hol...I don't know what she had in mind, but I think Liverpool would be a good place...Ferry across the Mersey for us, and great shops for her daughter :D Perhaps you could get there? Just a thought :D Maybe one day....I'm not sure about Blu, as he's got his courier business now, and is lovely and busy...loadsa money!
The poor old cat had to be put to sleep, but he had a bowl of fish and a last walk round the garden...I had a vivid dream that he came to say goodbye, and he was a young healthy cat again :D I'd forgotten he ever looked like that... How are you getting on with the job search? Also giving up the smoking? Are the probiotics helping? They should, at that price...love kittyx
kittycat

Next

Return to Non TMAU topics