Pregnancy and birth

anything unrelated to tmau

Moderator: admin

Pregnancy and birth

Postby mel304067 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:31 pm

Couldnt find anything on here on this subject so here's my take!
I was newly diagnosed in early pregnancy but have had this my whole life. So being pregnant I coulndt take any supps or change my diet sadly. Pregnancy changed my tmau- for the worse. Not dramatically just enough for other people to notice who didnt normally. I didnt have big weight gain but felt hotter more so obviously smelled more. The usual places the smell came from changed also and I found it more from my breath often. However many people have a certain sympathetic attitude towards pregnant women so maybe it was worse than I thought and peoople have just been kind :)
Labour was gutting. I had a midwife who had no time for me and made me feel more than uncumfortable. From holding her hand under her nose when talking to me at the foot of the bed, to eventually passing me to not just one but two other midwives and saying she had to go home because she felt very unwell! Perhaps in my head but probably not :(
Either way I was home the next day so I could leave the awful place. Now home and breastfeeding I still cant start any treatment, but the way I look at it is everyday is so special with our new baby I can change me when he's had the best! :)
mel304067

Re: Pregnancy and birth

Postby kittycat » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:24 pm

:D Congratulations on having a healthy boy Mel :D I often wondered how you were...so, v happy that you've posted your news :D I suppose it's possible that the midwife might have had her own problems, but it's terrible that you had to even consider how SHE felt, while you were in the middle of giving birth :cry: I remember that flower had a traumatic experience too.
Another good reason for us all to get behind mallory in her campaign to educate the medical profession....and beyond....kcx
kittycat

Postby smelly » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:37 pm

Congratulations! :D

Thanks for sharing your ordeal with us so we can get a better picture of how hormones affect us women. I feel so sad to think you had to go through that, on top of normal labour. Thank g@d you got something good at the end of it! :D
smelly

Postby mel304067 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:55 am

Many thanks for the replies. I agree we should'nt have to think about how other people are feeling but sadly it seems to go hand in hand with this condition. Luckily I've got the support from my husband who was fantastic at keeping me focused and picking fault with everyone else in the room in my ear as a good distraction!
Educating people has to be key I agree, but snobbery and ignorance is never going to get better unless they or someone close to them are affected I dont think.
As always, the people on here and the site itself is a pillar of strength :)
mel304067

Postby flower » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:48 am

Congratulations Mel,

Having a wonderful time with your son and your family !!!!

I had almost simular experience giving birth to my son almost twelve years ago.

I hope you will have the same lovely kids as I have when they grow up too.

Flower
flower

Return to Non TMAU topics