Shoes

anything unrelated to tmau

Moderator: admin

Shoes

Postby idealist » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:17 pm

I feel slightly guilty writing about shoes when Malory is taking real action ( I respect all the work you are doing :D ). However I have been very stressed of late and I am going to relax. I am doing a little online shopping therapy, and I have just purchased a pair of leather 'academic court style’ shoes form Bertie' (not to dressy but smart yet casual). I have seen some other shoes from Aldo (as there not on sale there's no rush to get them, I will pop in to Bluewater next week).

I normally rotate three to four shoes in the autumn/winter, my leather Russell and Bromley fur tongue boots (which I was told by a former neighbour the fur is from some poor shaven dog in Russia :oops: :? ), black flat leather ankle boots from Faith (R.I.P) and brown leather trainers from Ash. I also have synthetic black pumps which I hate and only wear if I have to....I do have other shoes but I only really were those Three/four.

I was wondering if leather shoes/trainers really do allow your feet to breathe? I have to admit I have not noticed any difference between the two. What I have found however is that shoes above my ankle do not allow my feet to breathe.... I want to buy some new boots but I am not sure if this is in my mind. Has anyone else found that wearing boots is just a no go area?
idealist

Re: Shoes

Postby flower » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:37 am

You also take action, idealist.
You are very important, you are the best psychological and mental advisor on the site.
We all know something and we all can do something.
Even is it very little
So together we can be much more...
Flower
flower

Postby flower » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:41 am

Unfortunately I have no idea about the shoes....Flower
flower

Postby kittycat » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:43 am

Did someone mention shoes??(world peace fades to insignificance :D ) Glad your tempory downers haven't made you forget the important things in life idealist 8-) I always needed to change my shoes regularly. At work I changed them several times a shift, and used to leave them on a windowsill to dry. (my colleagues could make of that what they will) Years later I still have nightmares where I'm at work, desperate to wash my feet and change my shoes, but am constantly thwarted. :roll: Obviously still deeply affected.... Febreeze has helped, and I now have to tunnel my way to bed, because I don't have to throw them away so quickly. The worst culprits were the cheaper ones with the foam-like lining, and textile ones like Converse, and sandals with fabric insoles like Birkenstocks. Plastic shoes made my feet sweat like mini foot saunas, but unlined leather soaked up the tma like blotting paper.... I'd say that good leather shoes ,or boots, with full leather lining are the best thing...with S.T.'s/changes of socks and soapy flannel in plastic bag... :D kcx Ps. Most posters seem to suffer more with BB, which I now think is worse than what I had to contend with, is there anyone else who's tma came mainly from their feet?
kittycat

Postby idealist » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:41 pm

Thanks flower,
That's kind of you although I have been acting very crazy in the last few weeks :lol: :? . I guess we are all coping the best way we can and offer support in different ways and at different times :D

Sorry Kitty but what BB ? is it Bad Bio or Bad breath? Thanks for the tip on Birkenstocks I was going to buy a pair (They feel comfy yet supportive). You are right about converse although the leather pair sold in Office shoes reduces the smell somewhat. thanks for the tip on 'unlined leather'...... This smell originated from my feet although I do believe stress, food and my mind has played a part. My counsellor swears that she cannot smell anything and thinks it just a body mind thing and that I am blowing things out of proportion, and that the smell or my belief about smelling will go in due course. Back to the topic does the Febreeze in shoes really work?

U Know kitty, I often worked in places that had all the home comforts :D such as a washing machine and kitchen and shower etc (all office jobs lol) and at one of former jobs I would wash my feet or have a shower every hour and it made the smell worse lol (because my feet were always wet). Yes the smell came from my feet however it now moves from one area to another :evil:

Has anyone tried Crystal Spring - Detoxology Footpads sold in H & B? I have only read comments online and they appear to be good but they are pricey £25, however there are 14 in each pack.I am going to get the fish treatment that Lyndsey recommended (I had thought about it b4 the post), and I am on the hunt for my trusted miracle worker aka my former reflexologist. I am not going to go overboard on treatments, however I will treat myself now and then. :D

ps -just found a good site/forum all about 'unlined leather' http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/foru ... s.-unlined
idealist

Postby flower » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:40 pm

What do you mean with ' you acting crazy last weeks '
Did you followed your heart instead of your common sense
or
Did you take the wrong decisions....

When you want something very much don't be possessive...
Don't hunting after your dreams...
The dream will just go away.

Give other people freedom.
Don't cleam someone else

But people just make faults
We are just human beings with strange desires and limited abilities

If you did something wrong you have to take the responsability to correct things

Faults are for correcting them

When you have to much in your mind just go outside , gardening, or something to clear the mind, take a deep breath....

Maybe this all helps, ....

Flower
flower

Re:crazy

Postby idealist » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:59 pm

Thanks flower very wise words :D

i have sent you a PM

PS- Do shoes not affect your odour flower? .... xxx

-Hope you are enjoying your holiday Kitty :D
idealist

Postby idealist » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:52 pm

I was reading somewhere that if you put bicarbonate of soda in your shoes overnight that tip it out in the morning it helps your shoes smell nice. Well I tried this today and it made the smell worse so I would not advise this, and any boots above the ankle (for me anyway) will make my feel smell, because there is no air for your feet to breath even with "with full leather lining ". It’s such a shame because I spent a fortune on new shoes.
idealist

Return to Non TMAU topics