Secret Santa

anything unrelated to tmau

Moderator: admin

Secret Santa

Postby Maisie » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:33 pm

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could buy as a Secret Santa present for the person who has persecuted me the most about my smell?

I couldn't believe it when I picked his name out of the hat - my chance to get my own back a little, even though he wouldn't know who had bought it! We're only supposed to spend £5 but I'd spend a bit more for the perfect gift!

I'll probably get Febreze for my present!!! :roll:
Maisie

Re: Secret Santa

Postby kittycat » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:44 pm

What a great post Maisie :lol: A self-improvement book springs to mind, there must be load of second hand, never read ones, on Amazon. I hope the forum comes up with some good ideas. Just make sure you've got a reaction rehearsed for whatever you are given. I was given a stilton cheese one year, while they all stood there smirking. :oops: Luckily I could smell it thro the wrapping and had a gracious and enthusiastic thank-you ready. :roll: Happy Christmas Maisie, I hope you get plenty of time off from work. love kittycatx
kittycat

Postby magsie » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi Maisie
I went to a Christmas fair today and won 2 prizes on tombola - one of which was a Woopee cushion!
Yesterday in a charity shop I saw a homer simpson figure to stand on car dashboard, press a button & he moons his bare behind.
We have secret santa where I work & its spend £10 and a theme - this year its something to play with.
So far I've been to £ & 99p shops & have got the following items for a lady, last year it was something to wear I just got a scarf whereas I'd got several items for that cost for another person & personalised an apron for him.

Drinking glass that lights up with multi colours
Hunks calandar
Little dog keyring/torch
Dashboard santa airfreshner
Moving musical santa
Christmas kiss hat with mistletoe
Guitar shaped ice cube maker
Snakes & ladders/draughts set.

So I've got £8 worth so far. Whereas some staff would go to Ann Summers & take the risque route!

For your nasty guy - woopee cushion, air freshner, pig keyring, joke soap.......
have a look at the bargain shops in your area see if you can get a variety. Shame there's no Halloween things around you could get him a big ugly nose to wear..... 'cause he's obviously got a big ugly nose already!
magsie

Postby smelly » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Coffee Inhaler by Le Whif 8-)
smelly

Postby smelly » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:46 pm

dont look this up if you are easily offended....pressybox Surprise Mug.....I warned you :shock:
smelly

Postby smelly » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:09 pm

pressybox Family Guy Talking Bottle Opener - Stewie (this ones safe for all the family to view) I thought some of the quotes might subliminally get through to him! :lol:
smelly

Postby magsie » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:55 pm

How about one of those musical Christmas Ties from the £ shops. BUT take it out of its wrapper, then open a tin of salmon - make someone else a nice salmon sandwich and drop some of the very smelly oil/brine the salmon's canned in onto the back of the tie. Then put it back in its plastic wrapper! I know that when I made Dad a salmon sandwich I acidentally splashed my blouse with the fluid when draining the can.. and it smells strong!
magsie

Postby Lisa » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:11 pm

Hi Maisie, how about a voucher for a "Tact and Manners" class? Either that, or the name of a good brain surgeon? :D
Btw all, I've naughtily had my Christmas present early, a baby boy, in the shape of a bearded collie called Billy. :D
Lisa

Postby Maisie » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:33 pm

Thanks to all who replied giving me ideas for a Secret Santa present.

Smelly - the Prezzybox Surprise Mug is wonderful, I laughed out loud when I saw it. It would have been perfect but unfortunately they were sold out!

Kittycat - your idea of a self improvement book was fantastic. I looked on Amazon and, after trawling through a mind boggling list (went to bed quite late last night!), finally found "How to Develop a Winning Personality"! :D It doesn't matter what's written inside the book as he'll never read it but just to see his face when he reads the title will be enough!!!

I felt a bit guilty after ordering it as it kind of makes me sink to his level but then again, I'm sure something lovely will be planned for me and they won't feel a bit guilty. I found a way of getting round the embarrassment of opening something in front of everyone a couple of years ago by saying "Oh no, I couldn't possibly open it now, it's a Christmas present and I only open them on Christmas Day"
Maisie

Postby kittycat » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:48 pm

:mrgreen: I'd like a dog Lisa, but the cats won't allow it. I'm housesitting a huge poodle pup at the moment, so I'm being used as teething ring for the needley teeth, as you prob are. We won't go into the newspapers on the floor.
I thought the Prezzy mugs were great too. I'm sure those people who personalize mugs with names, would sell more if they printed 'I'm a silly-billy' (or something similar) on the bottom. :D
My suggestion was only a joke Maisie, but if you do give him the book, I'd spread it around that the boss was his secret santa. And you could personalize it, a la Magsie, with bookmarks and highlighting pen, in the chapters that would most help your colleague improve. :roll: Kx
kittycat

Next

Return to Non TMAU topics