Moderator: admin

Started writing a blog

Postby gemtree » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:13 am

I have started writing a blog here is a link if anyone wants to take a look
tmau-diva.blogspot.co.uk
gemtree

Re: Started writing a blog

Postby PoetFire » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:46 am

Thanks for starting a blog. Any raising awareness helps us all.

If you don't mind, I will post a direct link in case you didn't know how to, so that people can go straight through to your blog from here
http://tmau-diva.blogspot.co.uk/
PoetFire

Postby gemtree » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:50 pm

Thank you, I didn't know how to do that.
I really hope this blog helps someone and if anyone has any comments please do say.
gemtree

Postby gemtree » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:24 pm

I have turned the blog into an ebook which is free for the next 5 days.
http://myBook.to/Trimethylaminuria

Please download it and take a look.
It would be great if you could leave a small review.
Merry Christmas!
gemtree

Postby PoetFire » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:17 pm

Thanks Gemtree

I think people writing books about the subject is another angle to have a lasting impact on raising awareness, and hopefully gets the author some income too.

The first 'TMAU' autobiography book I heard of is 'when bathing is not enough' by Alice Mata, which was published in 1999 and is still in print. There is also a PDF version which is a lot cheaper, available on the authorhouse website only (it seems).

Of course nowadays it's probably best to have an ebook available on Amazon for maximum exposure.

I will wait until the book is not free to download it.

By the way, just to inform you, blogspot changes the end of the link to suit each country (.co.uk, .co.ca etc). I would guess the best link to give would be http://tmau-diva.blogspot.com/
That's the 'default' address (and used by blogspot for the USA) but it gets auto-changed to whatever country the person is from.

Thanks again for the ebook. Things like this are morale boosting and an ebook probably has a lasting impact on raising awareness
PoetFire

Postby gemtree » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:47 pm

Your support is welcomed Poetfire, as you can probably guess I am still learning about this. Blogging and writing an ebook is totally new to me so any hints and tips gratefully accepted! Also thank you so much for waiting till the book is not free to download!

I had a search for 'when bathing is not enough' by Alice Mata you mention as I would like to read it. Its on Amazon so I have ordered it and I am looking forward to reading it.

It seems writing this blog and then changing it to an ebook has opened the floodgates in me. What started all this was the desperate loneliness of this condition.

But I think because I have kept things close to my chest for so long, sort of locked in safe in public and socially anyway. Now this book has had the effect of opening up some sort of writing fever in me, as I have written another small book!

But this time its a hopefully funny book, it doesn't mention TMAU. Its more about funny things that happened before this condition changed my life. I needed to write something to lift the spirits. Anyway I hope you will take a look and again reviews are welcome!
gemtree

Postby PoetFire » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:09 pm

The Alice Mata book is available on Amazon only as a book. Don't know why they don't have it as an ebook. Probably because a publishing house published it (the olde days) and they make a much bigger margin selling it as a book. It is available as an ebook much cheaper on the publisher site (Authorhouse).

It would be nice if TMAU people found ways to make money that give them financial independence, and with a TMAU book it helps the whole community.

It would have been good if the movie 'the boy who smells like fish' had got syndicated for film release but it looks like it won't. I hope they release it on DVD at least.

Happy New Year.
PoetFire

Postby gemtree » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:37 pm

I can't believe I ordered the Alice Mata book as a book, I thought I couldn't get it as an ebook. Never mind, still waiting for it to arrive, so got some anticipation there. That movie you mention sounds interesting 'the boy who smells like a fish' will keep an eye out for that.

I notice a copy of The Secret Life Of A Tmau Sufferer was bought after it stopped being free. And I think that must have been you Poetfire, so thanks and I hope you enjoyed it!

I am thinking about rewriting it, to make it a little more detailed, a bit longer and just look better. I am new at this, and I think it shows in the presentation of this book. I want it to be as good as it can possibly be; as well as hopefully helping the Tmau community. But I start my new job Monday so it'll probably take a while.

Happy New Year to you all!
gemtree

Postby PoetFire » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:05 pm

The Alice Mata book was written in 1999 via a publisher (Authorhouse), so I guess at that stage the DIY route was not an obvious option. The fact it is still in print is quite amazing.

They do have the ebook now much cheaper than the book on their publisher site
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Produc ... nough.aspx
I guess they don't want to put it on Amazon to keep as much of the money as possible.

Any way the TMAU message is spread culturally is good for us all. Ebooks, movies etc, might often have more impact than free information.

Maybe you could even put your price up £1 but any further may be pushing your luck :lol:

It would be nice if TMAU people who raise awareness are rewarded. Particularly if ways could be found so that financial independence was possible.
PoetFire

Postby gemtree » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:40 am

See when I click that link, I get a red message come up saying digital product not available, it doesn't let me download but maybe I am on the wrong type of browser?

And yes once I sort the book out a bit more I will think about putting the price up. I am bubbling up with ideas since just starting the blog and I will not give up. Persistence is the key!
gemtree

Next

Return to inspirational stories