TMAU on youtube

share these with others

Moderator: admin

TMAU on youtube

Postby LJNLindsay » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:10 pm

You may have already come across this young lady on YouTube but, if you haven't, I seriously recommend that you check out her videos.

Now, she herself says in her videos that she doesn't have a diagnosis but, when hearing about her experiences, I & she are pretty sure that she does have tmau.

Anyway, for a young girl (24) & given her life experiences up until now; I find her extremely intelligent, open-minded, not to mention completely honest about her experiences. She, above all else, has given me hope...

Let me know if you do check her out as I'm sure that you won't be disappointed.

Lindsay

Her channel is:

http://m.youtube.com/#/user/loulou5665
"When No One Else Cares; My Dogs' Still Love Me"
LJNLindsay

Re: TMAU on youtube

Postby PoetFire » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:22 pm

Yes I have seen her videos. It does sound a metabolic case, whatever it turns out to be.

There is also this young lady
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KLO8KbK_xw

And this young lady from Northern Ireland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KLO8KbK_xw
PoetFire

Postby LJNLindsay » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:28 pm

Thanks for the other links, PoetFire,

I love YouTube! LOL

Linds
LJNLindsay

Postby malory » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:15 pm

I really enjoyed watching these videos. She says so many brilliant things. Thanks for posting the link.

I SO agree when she says that it is society which needs to change and become more tolerant to odour sufferers rather than us feeling pressurised (even by members of our own community) into finding a solution. I also see discrimination against odour sufferers as unacceptable and shocking as racism and homophobia. I think that it is actually irrelevant what the reason for the odour is; to be treated badly/ridiculed/victimised because of how you smell is WRONG.

The videos are very worth watching because we can all relate to what she says. I agree totally that we are looking for empathy from the general public rather than sympathy and, to back up what she says regarding diagnosis, my positive diagnosis of TMAU did not change people's opinions of me: people who were tolerant continued to be so and people who were nasty continued to be nasty.
malory

Postby LJNLindsay » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:16 pm

Hi Malory,

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the videos.

I don't wish to sound patronizing but, for one so young, she has so much compassion for others even after everything that she has been through. Having watched *every* video she has made, I very often to back & watch certain videos over, & over, again.

She's truly inspirational & it gives one hope that there ARE some decent people 'out there'.

I'm 40 years old, & I wish I had just some of her compassion & understanding...

Lindsay
LJNLindsay

Postby beautifulsoul39 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:43 pm

One amazing lady who I would love to meet and has a video calls herself doctor still standing most inspirational lady I literally cried because exactly knew what it felt like x
beautifulsoul39

Postby LJNLindsay » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:59 pm

@beautifulsoul39

Yes, I agree with you in that Dr Stillstanding, is someone I'd love to meet & chat to, also.

Such an inspiration!

Linds x
LJNLindsay

Return to inspirational stories