Getting back to being me....

share these with others

Moderator: admin

Getting back to being me....

Postby gazela » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:09 pm

8-) Hi to everyone been a while since I came on this site. What can I say? I have changed so much I hardly recognise myself.

8-) Around two years ago now I split up with my wife, not a good time for me. My whole life went and it was not that great before that. Anyway this made me look at life a bit different. I realised that I had this TMAU for the rest of my life and I just had to get something more out of the years left.

8-) With help from friends and a councellor I took the leap and just said tough on those who can smell me I dont care what you think I have to live. My councellor said to me I know you have TMAU I have read your reports and I know it can not be cured just controlled. However you have as much right to go where ever you want and if can smell you let them move. It is not your fault so dont worry what they think.

8-) I made the leap and now I do much less to control it but still go out 50 times more than I used to with all the daily routine and diet etc. I used to use so many products it cost a small fortune. Now I use hardly any and dont wash fanatically several times a day just a normal bath in the morning.

8-) I have realised that the real problem was in my head. Yes I smell and yes it is horrible and yes I dont want to smell like something that might have died a few days ago, but I do, so I just have to ignore the looks ignore the remarks and just get on with my life.

8-) I would love to have found a cure or a magic panacea. I wish I could say to all of you this works or that works but I cant. But I can say I dont look at people around me anymore to see if they can smell me. I just get on and ignore it all if they can smell me tough luck. A lot of people smell terrible because they dont wash properly and they dont care at all. I wash every day so if I smell why should I care?

8-) I got back with my wife and hope to make another go of it but at least now if we cant I wont feel so desperate not being able to face the daily hassle. I really hope this helps at least one other TMAU sufferer to have a better life, I know its easy to say and hard to do but I can say I have done it. I am not just a doctor or friend who has no real idea how bad it can be, I have been there done that.....

8-) GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL
gazela

Re: Getting back to being me....

Postby Weak » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:36 pm

Few questions, did you and your wife split up on something regarding tmau? Also do you shower or bath? when did you first notice y ou had TMAu and how do you suspect you got it?

Im just a curious person :D
Weak

Postby gazela » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:43 am

8-) Hi my wife and I broke up for other reasons nothing to do with TMAU.

8-) I bath but dont feel it would matter if you bath or shower as long as you do either properly.

8-) I first noticed when a friends wife complained about the odour in their car after I had been in it.

8-) I have absolutely no idea how or exactly when I got it, it just appeared and I may have had it some time before it was pointed out to me.

8-) Regards Gazela
gazela

Postby Divinefapper » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:07 pm

a
Last edited by Divinefapper on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Divinefapper

Postby jony33 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:33 am

I would love to have found a cure or a magic panacea. I wish I could say to all of you this works or that works but I cant. But I can say I dont look at people around me anymore to see if they can smell me. I just get on and ignore it all if they can smell me tough luck. A lot of people smell terrible because they dont wash properly and they dont care at all. I wash every day so if I smell why should I care?
Mohsin
jony33

Return to inspirational stories