Lifes to short for shame

share these with others

Moderator: admin

Lifes to short for shame

Postby sunshine » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:11 am

Hi all
Have felt very down and low since loosing my last job a couple of months a go and my cofidence and self esteem have been on the floor so havn,t been out anywhere except doctors,hospital e.t.c
I decided i needed to man up a bit and get out somewhere today, so i went to the local shops(a small step i know) and when i got there the man behind the counter kept really stareing,and i thought(here we go again) i got the paper and a few other bits and went to the counter and he said you smell nice :o what perfume are you wearing? lol.I couldn,t believe it.It really got me thinking that maybe the smell isn,t there all the time? and sometimes we can smell nice,and that i need to get back out there and give life another chance. so i,m going to make the effort to get out somewhere each day and try to mingle with people again and try to stay as calm and as positive as i can.I,ve even booked myself on a meditation course starting next week,something i wouldn,t have done even a week ago so just goes to show what a difference a day makes
Take care sunshine x
P.s i wonder if he will still think i smell nice if i go in there when the perfumes worn off :lol:
sunshine

Re: Lifes to short for shame

Postby lines+shapes » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:03 pm

Good for you Sunshine. I can completely understand what you are saying. Its very difficult sometimes to pick yourself up and dust yourself off.

Negativity into positivity :)
lines+shapes

Postby smelly » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:56 pm

sunshine,

I tell myself that I dont smell all the time and some people dont smell me very much anyway.

I know I used to enjoy wearing nice expensive perfumes, and some people would comment that I always smelled really nice. But unfortunately I work with someone who can smell me very clearly, and whenever I have worn anything perfumed, even a bit of hand cream, he literally holds his nose, it seems to really irritate his nose and he is keen to let me know! So now I wear non fragranced products. I dont want to make his life any more unhappy than it clearly is (by the look on his miserable gob) :(

On getting out amongst people, I think by avoiding folk you are cutting down on the negative encounters but also the positive ones, like the one you had in the shop. It does make me feel a lot better about human nature when i know someone can smell a horrible smell coming from me, their body language tells me its so horrible that I would probably be gagging if it was the other way round! :lol: , but they keep it together enough to carry on a conversation, and be really nice to me. By avoiding people you are stopping yourself from having those life-enhancing encounters with people, which , after all, is what life is about, good positive communaition with your fellow man :D
smelly

Postby sunshine » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:34 am

Hi
Thank you for the messages it was very kind of you,and yes you are right a positve mental attitude is the only way to deal with this condition.I cant do anything to change the way other people think about me ,but i can certainly work on how i feel about myself.I,m hopeing the meditation classes will help with that.
I had another test done last week and i,m just keeping my fingers crossed and hopeing i,ve managed to lower my tma levels and then there really will be no stopping me :lol:
Take care and have a lovely weekend.Sunshine x
sunshine

Return to inspirational stories