I had to repost this

share these with others

Moderator: admin

I had to repost this

Postby Scenless » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:23 am

I found this reply from the user 'lines+shapes' very uplifting and felt the need to post it here in case none of you had seen it. I hope you take from it the same inspiration i have...

lines+shapes wrote:
"It is hard to live with this condition. Very hard. Each time you go through a moment of despair, remember who you are. Remember what you are here for. If each one of us has a purpose, then whats yours? Maybe you know, or maybe you haven't found it yet. When you feel really bad, remember that live holds all sorts of things lurking around the corner, yet to be foreseen. Beautiful, wonderful things. Things that make you feel amazed to be alive. Look at the things in life that most people pass by. As a result of this condition we can appreciate everything so much more, we never take a thing for granted. We have a unique view of society from this position, in some ways we are outsiders. But ask yourself this, anyone who has ever done something truly great started from the outside. "Be the change you wish to see in the world." And, this maybe strikes some as some positive ramblings that are unworkable in the real world. But, I know those depths of despair, I deal with them. Everytime one appears, I ask myself why I am here. The most basic of human questions. Everyone must have pondered this thought at some time. But, if you can find something with which to live for, a purpose greater than yourself, then you can deal with this condition. You have to keep helping yourself the best that you can, you must promise yourself this. People who are remark about our conditions, do not know the extent to which we suffer. They do know the pain, the isolation, the cruelty. Remember the next time someone laughs or judges you too quickly, all for a condition that you cannot control. Remember that if these people were in our situation a large percentage of them would probably crumble. The strain of this, the emotional burden would quickly overwhelm a lot of people. Think about how strong you are, to have got this far. You are a damn strong person. Remember that.

To everyone, I struggle too with TMAU and sometimes it is completely overwhelming. But, I and you all have qualities that are far greater than 'some smell'. Remember who you are, the next time life brings you down. You are a somebody. You exist. You have a choice how to deal with the way society treats you. You have a choice the next time someone looks you up and down in disgust. "Between stimulus and response there is a space." Meaning that whatever happens to you, only you can choose how to respond. The ignorance about this and similar conditions will not last forever. And your suffering will not be vain. Remember who the hell you are.

Goodluck everyone,

there are better things to come for all of us."
Scenless

Re: I had to repost this

Postby Lisa » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:27 am

Well, there you go then, some food for thought for you.
Lisa

Postby kittycat » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Thanks Scenless, that was well worth reposting. Where are you lines+shapes? come back, we need you :D
Kc xx

Does anyone remember a post from a young girl who came from a disfunctional family and told a truely heart-breaking story of going to her father's(?) funeral and being treated nastily by the other mourners? I always meant to contact her but I've looked through the likely posts and can't find it. Maybe it was on another forum, but this is the only thing I've ever joined... In my life.... ever...Not even the brownies :| kittyx
Ps. If you are that girl please let us know how you are.
kittycat

Postby flower » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:01 pm

Kittycat,

You were looking for a girl with tmau on her dad s funeral,
I think you will find her by typing on the interet tmau and funeral and maybe dad or father s funeral.

....I hope you find her back....

Flower
flower

Postby kittycat » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:31 pm

Flower! You are very clever, I found her! Thanks for helping me out. Kx
kittycat

Postby flower » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:07 pm

Kittycat,

I am glad you found her.
Hoping thing going well for her.