Why we should be happy in our lifes

share these with others

Moderator: admin

Re: Why we should be happy in our lifes

Postby lyndsey » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:45 pm

Hi Bluey

Thanks for your concern although I wouldnt expect anything less from you youre such a special person. I am def feeling more positive last few days, thank goodness I think it may be to do with only four days to complete of uni then of on my break to Eygpt its 28 degrees there and snowing at home so cant wait. Youre right about expectations of someone you care about, but I think thats because you show your true colours and theres no alterior motive to caring then its a big shock to the system when someone is not the same. Bluey hope anxiety has passed what do you feel about it. Sometimes I would get anxious usually before I have to mix with people who I feel I have nothing in common with and can feel their negativity to this disorder. I hope you feeling positive yourself and thinking of good times to come.

Lyndsey x
lyndsey

Postby BLUEY » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:39 pm

Hi Lyndsey,

You are welcome for the concern, i genuinley mean it. Thank you again for your kind words towards me they are very much appreciated, so glad to hear you are feeling better and more positive. Think your right you have alot going on at the mo with uni and getting ready for your trip so you just needed to get it all sorted, anyway you can now settle abit and just lookfoward to that fantastic trip you have ahead of you. 28 degrees sounds lovley i know were i would rather be than snowy cold uk. Think your right about expectations and a big shock when somone is not the same, or am i asking to much of a person. You are so right about me though i do show my true colours and there is no alterior motives with me, i just want to love be loved and be happy. The problem with me lyns is i wear my heart on my sleeve which wouldnt be so bad if it was to the right person, unfortunatley its radar seems to pick up all the wrong ones who just want to use and exploit it, still no point in gettting down about it things are what they are at the mo. Still having the anxiety thing seems worse when i go to bed i get a pressure feeling over my chest and my heart starts to murma my arms go tingly also. The funny thing is im not really thinking about anything in particular at the time, doc says its down to the accident but i dont think my encounter with my ex has helped either, still hopefully with time things will settle and this shall pass. I used to and still do sometimes get anxiety through going out in certain situations and being around certain people, you can pick up so easily on there negativity thats why i just dont mix with them anymore and am also very careful what i do and who i mix with in the future, sometimes i dont react very well to the negativity so its just best to keep myself out of the way of it. I have a saying that i use, know your limatations as a person so you can focus on your positives as a person. This has helped me live a pretty straightfoward life and has helped me out with my work also. Am always trying to keep positive and think of good times to come, i hope you shall do the same. Take care and my best wishes to you.

Bluey x
BLUEY

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:13 pm

Hi All
Yes, the trouble with the neighbours was about my illness.
They were not nice people in their 50s who played loud music in earlier hours(who should have know better).
Unfortunately, with all my efforts seeing a nutritionist my odour got worse (healthy diet high in choline).
Also, it was a really hot summer this year that made me much worse.
They would talk about me outside the front door, in their garden at the back and at night when I was trying to sleep (we lived in a very small terraced cottage under 10ft wide and smaller then alot of one bedroom flats).
In the end they would listen to my conversations and talk about them at night time too.
There comments were very cruel even though I told them that I was ill and seeking help they still went to Environment Health. At that point I was just constantly in tears as I was not sleeping and did not have any test results back to know what it was (so how could I make it any better!). I left before Environmental Health came to do their report because I kept the house and my self spotless (although the neighbours said it would help if she was clean typical attitude of general public without this disorder!).
My other halves idea was to move back in with my parents who have a large house.
But it is not easy as their house is full of clutter and needs a good lick of paint.
So I find it difficult to live like this, but have no choice for the moment (need to be in a big house until odour is better).
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby idealist » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:31 pm

Sorry to hear that SK,

I saw one of your posts before but I really hoped that it was not true. I can relate, over one and a half years ago my landlord sold his property so I had to move out. After going travelling again and staying at my mother’s; I secured a place on campus (at my old uni) but I moved out of my mum’s a few months before I was due to live on campus. To save money I lived in shared accommodation and shared a room (for 7 weeks) with three females.

Two of them did not say anything but one of them complained nonstop. She would wake up in the middle of the night and say "THAT SMELL". The other two said they did not notice anything but later on one of them said they could only notice a smell after the other lady went on and on. I use to creep down stairs and sleep there but the owner one time found me and said I had a room and that is where I should sleep (and she was right). I stuck up for myself and bought the lady a air fresher and told her if it is bothering her so much then she could put this beside her bed. She looked confused at my reaction and I later found the air fresher in the kitchen (unopened). She told me she did not like the smell of it (go figure). A week or two before I left the police came knocking for her (I don't know why) after that she would only come back at 2am and she was always drunk ((but I never noticed this before.)

I moved on campus and had my own room and it was great. I sometimes ( but not often) did smell my odour outside of my door and sometimes I could hear someone spraying freshener near my door. It did upset me at times but it was better then what I had just experienced.

I am now living in a really nice newly developed studio flat near my new uni. There are 8 flats in total and yes I am worried about my smell. I do use a lot of plug-in fresheners and spray my flat every few hours and open the window for at least two hours every day. Sometimes I am paranoid but because it is a studio we are very close to each other. I know that when people cook the smell can sometimes enter the next door neighbours place (well that's what happened at my mother old place). However each place is designed in a different way. I have taken all the steps to make sure that the smell is reduced and if they smell my odour then there is nothing else to do. I have a contract (and it took me almost a year to save up the deposit and one month rent- nearly £2,000) besides I need somewhere to leave and I have moved back home before and that was my last time.

I hope you find somewhere more suitable soon.

Love and light x
idealist

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:27 pm

Thanks Idealist
I live in hope to find some where nice completely detached this time.
My odour has not always been this bad, as my flat (that I now rent out) is very compact. I lived there for over 5 years and never even had one comment/complaint. Its in a block of 41 with someone above, below, opposite at the side etc. So live in hope my odour will reduce to more normal levels one day.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby lyndsey » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:11 pm

Hi Bluey

Thanks for your support during the night were you having trouble last night with anxiety. For a few weeks there I was waking at five in the morning but it seems to have passed and sleeping till seven now. Your right about knowing limitations, sometimes I think I am pushing myself too much and putting myself in stressful situations but feel I have to keep going. Bluey I cannot believe what neighbours you SK and idealist have had, I have been lucky in that respect . I hope you have peaceful night sleep tonight and take care.

Lyndsey x
lyndsey

Postby BLUEY » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:22 pm

Sk

Cant beleive what your neighbours did nor how far they took it this must of been horrible for you and i sincereley send my sympathys for that, i have had some situations in the past but no one has ever took it that far. Will keep this post a little shorter as ive replied to your other post on reactions and it kind of ties in with what i would of said on this post anyway.

Best wishes

Bluey
BLUEY

Postby BLUEY » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:44 pm

Hi Lyndsey,

You are welcome for the support anytime, been having trouble with anxiety and sleeping pretty much on and off every night and last night since the accident ive got it in my had at the mo because my chest feels strange that im not gonna wake up in the morning. which is something i must break as its wearing me out. Glad you managed to sort yours out and that your sleeping pattern has got better. theres nothing wrong in pushing yourself and keeping going as we all need to do this to try and live some sort of happy normal life. What i would say is try not to do anything which will put you five steps back or compromise your well being, eg certain situations or people just weigh it all up first or make sure you are in the right mind set as you dont want to end up feeling crap if it can be avoided. Crazy isnt it the me sk and idealist have had this some people are just so horrid, i treat them like they treat me i just dont give them the time of the day, they got to live with themselves at the end of the day im just glad im not like them and that i can walk away from them. Will try and have a better nights sleep lyndsey thank you, you sleep well also and take care

Bluey x
BLUEY

Postby kittycat » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:02 pm

Hi Blu, you sound like you're really suffering with stress. I used to get the chest pain and tingling down the left arm when I had panic attacks. Also hyperventillating(where's spellcheck?) makes the arms and legs get tingley. I've always used Bachs Rescue, but now they do a Night version which is brill. Easy to have a squirt if you wake in the night with that horrible dark feeling too. love kittyx
kittycat

Postby BLUEY » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:09 pm

Hi Kitty,
Think you have hit the nail on the head about really suffering from stress, i might not mention alot moslty cause i dont wanna make a fuss but there has and is an awful lot going on in my life at the mo which is keeping my cogs turning up stairs, i hope with some self hlep that i will be able to settle this in time. im so glad you have told me about your experience as i was just not sure what is going on with my body and i guess making it worse by worrying about it more, feels like some weird out of body experience or something. Sorry to be a pain but what is bachs rescue ive never heard of it but will give anything ago to ease this as its wiping me out with the lack of sleep im getting, ooh that horrible dark sinking feeling how strange does it feel. Love Bluey x
BLUEY

PreviousNext

Return to inspirational stories