Why we should be happy in our lifes

share these with others

Moderator: admin

Why we should be happy in our lifes

Postby BLUEY » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:45 pm

Hi forum,

Wanted to share this story with you all as it has made me reflect alot on the importance of being happy in your life and making the most of it!

I was involved in a bike accident today which could of been fatal, some bloke pulled out infront of me and i went over his bonnet, i ended up doing a summersault in the air and landed on my feet. I have managed to come out of this with just some bruising which is unbeleivable if you could see the state of my bike, this could of gone so many ways if i had landed on my back or head, all i can say is if you beleive in this sort of thing someone was really looking down on me today and made sure no harm came to me.

Some might say that its my own fault for choosing such a risky interest, which is fair enough. My point i want to share with you is im living and doing things in my life which make me happy and i beleive in which also gives me back what my disorder and people have taken away from me, what im trying to say is that had i not been able to make this post tonight, the last thing i would of been doing is what is a passion to me and what has helped me through my disorder and given me my life back to a degree, even though ironicly it could of taken it away.

So my msg to you all is please be happy in yr lifes and make the most of them whatver it is that keeps you going or what you beleive in, make the most of everthing. Dont let this disorder or negative people dominate your well being, self beleif and your right to be happy and have a full filling life. You just dont know what is around that corner, and i would hate for any of you to have regrets and wonder what if you had been brave and taken a chance to be more happier, stand up for yourself and be proud of u, be positive and maybe just done something you have always wanted to do or achieve.

Much love and best wishes

Bluey
BLUEY

Re: Why we should be happy in our lifes

Postby bigvern » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:30 am

Hi Bluey,

Bloody hell - glad you're ok - as an avid cyclist myself I amazed you cam out of it so well !!

:D
bigvern

Postby Lisa » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:35 am

OMG, I'm soo pleased you are ok. Things like that do make you think huh? Your right, we should be grateful, good days override the bad. Thanks for sharing. Take care.x
Lisa

Postby BLUEY » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:13 pm

Hi big vern and lisa,

Thank you for your kind words and concern.

Big vern, being a avid cyclist you can imagine the potential this incodent could of had and to be honest with you im amazed and am still scratching my head too how i came off it the way i did. I guess the odds were in my favour on the day. The doctor did make me laugh though when i told him the story, he asked if i had trained with the chinese circus as a child :) many thanks for your reply.

Lisa, im so pleased im ok too and here to tell the tale thank you for your compasion. Things like this really do put life into perspective for u, thats why you gotta make the most of the good days and cherish them also goes back to not letting our disorder take anymore away from our lifes than it already has as we just dont know what tommorrow may bring! Your welcome for the share and take care.x

All my very best to you both

Bluey
BLUEY

Postby lyndsey » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:41 pm

Hi Bluey

I am so glad your all right and ur so right we have a whole lot to be thankful for, life is too short ur an inspiration to us all and hope your not too sore and hope u have a speedy recovery.

Love and best wishes

Lyndsey
lyndsey

Postby BLUEY » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:24 pm

Hi Lyndsey,

Thank you so much for your compasion and concern, its very much appreciated. Count each day as a blessing no matter what, cause we just dont know what is ahead of us. This is why i think its so important for us to get as much out of our lives as possible, as like you said life is just too short and certainly too short to be left with the notion what if? Dont know if i would go as far as a inspiration, im just someone who cares very much and if i can be a help or my advice be a help to you all then this will make me very happy as a person. Bruising and sorness coming out nicely now so hopefully my recovery will be speedy, i know trying to move comfortably at the mo is a real pain!

Love and best wishes

Bluey
BLUEY

Postby kittycat » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:04 pm

Dear Bluey

I just drove through your parts today coming back from Rye and it was beautiful in the sunshine. I even thought how happy you must be buzzing around those country roads on your beloved bike, and then got home to read about your accident! :o Glad you landed on your feet! :) It wasn't your time mate.
Hope you feel better soon, kittyx
kittycat

Postby BLUEY » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:36 pm

Dear Kitty,

Thank you very much for your words of kindness, Rye and all around that area are beautiful and have some lovley country roads to be ridden and enjoyed. Funny that you have been there today as its one of my more frequent rides i take, unfortunatley not on that beloved bike anymore as it looks like its gonna be written off! just indicates to me more how lucky ive been, still you know what they say you gotta jump back onto the saddle as soon as your ready, so riding being a big part of my life this is what i shall do when everything has been sorted and im good and ready. Glad i landed on my feet too and think you are right it just wasnt my time, anyway there's no way im gonna let anything get in the way of that rant i said i would have with you on a meet up.lol.
Thank you again for your kindness and compasion

Blueyx
BLUEY

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:11 pm

Hi Bluey
Really glad that you are ok.
You are so right.
At my very darkest times I have still managed to get some enjoyment from walking my dog, when everything else in my life seemed to be fulling apart.
But lately with a positive mind I am much happier and things seem much better.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby BLUEY » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:37 pm

Hi sk,

Thank you very much for your kindness and concern. Make you so right that even at the darkest and lowest of times we all need something to make us smile and have reason to keep going, and its so important to have something like this no matter what it is as it helps us remember what things in life makes up happy and why deep down we have so much to embrace, be happy within and live for. Funny you mention dog walking as its something i really enjoy also, its a really good way of getting out and about without having the daunting task of being around to many people if your not feeling up to it on a particular day, also great for thinking things through and clearing your head if things have got to much, but most of all personally i get to spend time with something that is just the apple of my eye and always without fail a joy to be around my little sasha. So glad to hear your feeing happier and things seem better, i really do swear by a focused and positive mind. Keep this up sk as this will do you the world of good and your wellbeing and quality of life will benefit from this completely.

kind regards and take care

Bluey
BLUEY

Next

Return to inspirational stories