quotes for us when having a bad day

share these with others

Moderator: admin

quotes for us when having a bad day

Postby lyndsey » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:51 pm

We deem those happy who from the experience of life have learned to bear its ills, without being overcome by them.
If someone listens, or stretches out a hand, or whispers a word of encouragement, or attempts to understand a lonely person, extraordinary things begin to happen.
-- Loretta Girzartis
Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.
-- Marie Curie
The minute you alter your perception of yourself and your future, both you and your future begin to change.
-- Marilee Zdenek
Courage is like a muscle. We strengthen it with use.
-- Ruth Gordon

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-- Groucho Marx

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
-- Anonymous
Hope is always available to us. When we feel defeated, we need only take a deep breath and say, "Yes," and hope will reappear. -- Monroe Forester

Found these when having a bad day after Magsie cheered me up hope they cheer you all up when you have a bad day.

Lyndsey
lyndsey

Re: quotes for us when having a bad day

Postby BLUEY » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:21 pm

Thank you for posting those quotes Lyndsey, i really enjoyed reading them and found personally they had alot of meaning to me. I shall definatley reflect back on these when im having a bad day.

Kind regards

Bluey
BLUEY

Postby lines+shapes » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:32 pm

Thought I'd add a few. I'm feeling a little bit pessimistic today hence the tone of the quotes.

"He who has a why to live can bear with almost any how."

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

Both by Nietzsche.
lines+shapes

Postby lyndsey » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:04 pm

Hi Bluey

Welcome and Im glad that they had some meaning to you. We all need some positive inspirations on bad days and to talk to other people who understand and your right this condition does make you think of people of people that have disabilities and how they suffer, but that because society and its strutures and values make they disabled and unable to lead a normal life which is very sad. I could relate your funny story I have that too when babies in my company they think they poohed it lol. I dont admit too it either. Nice talking to you and hope your symptoms stay under control.

Take care

Lyndsey
lyndsey

Postby lyndsey » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:09 pm

Hi Nietzsche

Sorry to hear you feeling bad today did anything in particular happen. The why has to be because of this condition we are more sensitive to how other people are feeling and kind and caring and if there was more people like that the world would be a better place. I hope your day gets better please look after yourself and do something that you enjoy.

Take care
Lyndsey
lyndsey

Postby BLUEY » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi Lyndsey,

Thought they was great and will be definatley re reading them so i can say them to myself if i have a real down day. Society and certain individuals unfortunatley can be very cruel, judgemental and shallow im afraid. They will cut you down at a moments notice, there not interested in who you are or what your about they just label u as nasty things and dont really ever consider what it is like for us to live with this and what we go through day to day. I have no time for people like this, ive always said that manors never cost a thing and and dont have a problem telling people what im thinking if they are taking the piss. The sad thing about the whole situation is i have got my head around the disorder now and am prepared to get on with it, its just people and certain individuals will always make it hard for you and engage you into this whole world of negativity and basically put you in a situation you would rather not be in. I guess thats when you have to stand up for yourself and dont stand there in shame but be proud of who you are and what you have achieved in this life so far, i think some peoples perception and values are far more horrible than our disorder could ever be! Glad you liked the funny story lol, nice talking to you also and wish u well on your symptoms too take care and all my best to you.

Kind regards

Bluey
BLUEY

Postby smelly » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:02 pm

:ugeek: :)
smelly

Postby BLUEY » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:48 pm

Glad you appreciate my emotional intelligence :)

Bluey
BLUEY

Postby kittycat » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:19 am

My old boss used to say 'Nil deperandum carburundum' ( Don't let the b******ds grind you down) and his no.2 said 'Never mind S, it'll all come out in the wash!'. They used to protect me from the workforce, but unfortunately they got dumped after a takeover. The next boss wanted my job for his girlfriend but I survived another 16 years! I was determined not to let that b******d grind me down! :twisted: and did he try! How to be hated by 200 people who hardly know you! :? Hope you all had a peaceful day at work, Kx
kittycat

Postby BLUEY » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:15 pm

Think what your old boss and no.2 done for you kitty was really nice of them by standing up for you, not many people at work or anywere else want to know when they cotton to what we have.Must of been hard for you when they went, so glad to hear you didnt let them grind you down or give in and to be up against it with 200 people well that just shows how much of a strong spirit you have, totall respect to you kitty. What knobs me off with a situation like that is a select few take it upon thereself to make it there goal to spread the word and make your life a misery who dont relly know you. These sort of people are lacking something in life and are so igneront that they couldnt look any further than there nonses, i wonder if they would be so qwick and cocky to judge if they had the disorder or someone close to them did and it was being put on them day in day out. They need stringing up, this is one of the many reasons why i work for myself and what a world of difference for me that is i can tell you.

Bluey
BLUEY

Next

Return to inspirational stories