Which Probiotics?

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Re: Which Probiotics?

Postby Lisa » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:34 pm

I personally think Optibac are good, if you look under probiotics on here you will find where to get them from.
Lisa

Postby idealist » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:15 pm

Lisa's choice is a good suggestion, however from my own experience, when I was having my rounds of colonic irrigation treatments the therapist (also a former nurse), recommended Udo's choice super 8 Hi potency Probiotic. I bought them for a round £20 (for 30 tablets) at my local wholefoods- they did not have any effect. I then realised why maybe about 18 months ago when I went on a very strict Candia diet for 3/6 months- I have posted about this before). I started to take pobiotics after/or right at the last stages of the diet and they were in my personal opinion 100% effective.

I am still waiting to find a Symprove in a Tesco store near me or maybe I will get them to deliver to my sister’s house as I have had so many problems with deliveries in the past... Although my 3/6 month diet really helped my rid of many problems...

I was just reading Lyndsey's post about 'GUT AND PSYCHOLOGY SYNDROME' in the treatment section which would concur - first detoxify your system/gut then filling the gut with XYZ plus probiotics (you can look at the probiotics section as Lisa has also stated).....

I personally do not agree with everything DR Nastaha McBribe has to say (see the 'GUT AND PSYCHOLOGY SYNDROME' post) , but I would say that taking pobiotics alone may not have any effect-so really look at what you are eating and drinking when you are taking them... ;)
idealist

Postby PoetFire » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:41 pm

Hi Pippa. I wonder if you would like to mention your ratio in your tmau result ? In my opinion the UK tester is very 'conservative' with the ratio. I think the ratio should be around <0.11 rather than around <0.21, maybe even lower than that.

Personally I think TMAU is only a biomarker for 'FMO3 malodor' (aka many sulfides and amines) unless the person only smells of fish. But at the moment professionals are not prepared to say that people with a FMO3 weakness may have problems with other sulfides and amines regarding malodor (however they do with regards to drugs in the category).
PoetFire

Postby Shoe123 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:24 pm

I was just reading Lyndsey's post about 'GUT AND PSYCHOLOGY SYNDROME' in the treatment section which would concur - first detoxify your system/gut then filling the gut with XYZ plus probiotics (you can look at the probiotics section as Lisa has also stated).....
Gets
Shoe123

Postby sacrosanct » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:35 pm

The paper published by Prof Shepherd in 2015 lists all known bacteria to date that produce TMA. The table may be found here http://europepmc.org/articles/PMC5074467/table/T1/

Interestingly, the Streptococcus family is listed, and some Streptococcus strains are included in some probiotics.

Also I have read papers, the Cleveland Clinic springs to mind, where the CutC genes were transplanted from bacterial strains known to produce TMA into strains that didn't, whereby the ability to cleave TMA was then observed.

Hence I'm not altogether convinced probiotic therapy is the panacea for this particular syndrome.
sacrosanct

Return to treatment