TMAU is making me extremely depressed :(?

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

TMAU is making me extremely depressed :(?

Postby glinzaara » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:01 am

I have a condition called TMAU, it's a rare disorder that causes me to smell like feces, garbage, urine and fish. Not many people have heard about it, which makes it so much harder to live with. It does not matter how many showers I take, how much perfume I wear, or how many times I brush my teeth and floss... the smell does NOT go away!!! I cannot smell the odor therefore, I do not know if I smell bad or what. There is a small percentage of people who cannot smell the odor produced by TMAU sufferers, but most people can. There is no cure for this disorder and it's making me lose all hope and motivation. I feel so humiliated. Please help! I don't know where to turn to and I have no one to talk to
glinzaara

Re: TMAU is making me extremely depressed :(?

Postby Lisa » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:19 pm

Hello,

As you can see from this forum you are not alone, if you read thru you will see that we've all felt the same as you at one time or another, but you will find everyone on here is extremely kind and caring, and any Q's you have, I'm sure someone will answer for you.

May I suggest your first port of call is to your GP, and ask to be tested for TMAU, then you'll be able to take things from there, if you do have TMAU, the disorder can be managed to a certain extent by your diet, so there is light at the end of the tunnel, just take one day at a time, as I said, people on here are always willing to help a fellow sufferer, just remember you're not alone.

:)
Lisa

Return to treatment