I'm coming around to the idea...

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Re: I'm coming around to the idea...

Postby kittycat » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:46 am

Good luck with your appointment on Wednesday Suzie....I'd love to hear more about that, and am feeling inspired to join you in the treatment, especially if we could form a study group :D I also like the sound of Dr Ailsa Hart, who poetfire linked to, but don't want to bog you down with this, as I fully understand your need for urgency. Kx
kittycat

Postby Suzie » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:49 pm

Hi Poet fire - thanks for the email about Dr Ailsa Hart - I emailed her today to ask of I / we could be included in any clinical trials that she was doing or whether she could do FT for TMAU patients. She emailed straight back to say tht she could discuss options on the NHS if I can get a referral from my GP. Alternatively she will see me privately... all pretty hopeful! Back to my GP I go!

Kitty, thanks for your reply - will let you know how I get on on Wed with Taymount..
Suzie

Postby Suzie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:47 pm

Hi Kitty and poetfire,

Just to say I had the appointment with Glenn Taylor at Taymount last week - v useful and he was very convincing about how FT has been an effective solution for other gastro disorders. Of course though, there's no guarantee of success for TMAU as he's never done it on a TMAU patient. He wouldn't entertain any form of discount for a group of us / pilot study unfortunately as he's very booked up and busy with patients... so the cost is £4K! Gulp.

In the meantime have got a referral from my GP to Dr Hart at St Mark's in Harrow so will wait for an appointment with her to see what she says before going ahead with anything.

If you want to know anymore details on Taymount then just send me a PM and we can chat..

Suzie
Suzie

Postby kittycat » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:40 pm

Hi Suzie.. I will PM, but would just like to thank you for posting about your experiences, for the benefit of all of us.
The normally patient Maria expresses her frustration very well, in her recent post on Mebo. Kcx

http://www.bloodbornebodyodorandhalitos ... oever.html
kittycat

Postby kittycat » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:37 am

kittycat

Postby idealist » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:45 pm

oh Kitty, sorry but I thought this funny :lol:
idealist

Postby PoetFire » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:27 pm

poop pills really seem to be taking off
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tions.html

you would think they would be able to produce a probiotic rather than using this method.
PoetFire

Postby NoRose » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:28 pm

Watched a programme where they are doing research into the close gut brain connection.
bacteria in the gut can actually make you crave certain foods.
antibiotcs blamed for c_diff bacteria.
they are doing research with fecal implants and apparently more acceptable poop tablets
are being used in the u.s.
They put good bacteria into the gut.
This is to combat obesity.
But this research will benefit us to.
only 3% of the volunteers poop was found to be of an exceptable standard.
So these tablets are out there just not readily available to the rest of us yet.
NoRose

Previous

Return to treatment