my regime

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

my regime

Postby treacle » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:14 am

Hi all
My symptoms have subsided somewhat recently so I thought I'd share my current regime in case its helpful to anyone. It's a bit repetitive/restricted but works for me. I'm diagnosed TMAU2 and can smell my intermittent symptoms, though not as strongly as others.

Breakfast - none on work days, rice krispies and water at weekends
Lunch on work days if I have it is usually just a snack of black olives (just dressed in sunflower oil, NO garlic,herb or vinegar dressing) medjool dates and iceberg lettuce.
Dinner is usually a big dish of roast veg in olive oil, usually Butternut Squash (brilliant alternative to potatoes/rice!) fennel, tomatoes, red/yellow bell peppers or Romano peppers, sea salt. Sometimes cucumber, beetroot. (I've noticed since cutting out courgette, aubergine and rice I've had much less symptoms)
I don't drink tea/coffee but drink peppermint tea during the day and make fennel seed tea in the evening.

On Friday night and Saturday lunchtime i let myself off the low choline diet (but still NEVER egg, whole grains, red meat, soya lecithin, broccoli, cauliflower, alcohol) usually have something cheesy like pizza or macaroni cheese and might have a hot chocolate. Friday night i will also eat a big handful of walnuts for the omega 3. I avoid crisps, confectionary and junk food.

Supplements: B2 100mg; digestive enzymes; evening primrose oil to balance hormones; Mycopryl Caprylic Acid (pricey but since taking these for about a month the chemical smell has pretty much gone); BioCare Bio-Acidophilus Forte (hate to say it but since changing from Optibac to this more expensive probiotic it has really helped. Think its worth the extra money)

For anxiety/depression/IBS/chronic fatigue i cant recommend enough New Chapter Rhodiola Force (Rhodiola Rosea).

Body wash i have found the best is Dr Organic - Rose Otto Body Wash from Holland and Barrett (i tested the ph with litmus paper and its 5.5)

Hope someone may find this useful!
treacle

Re: my regime

Postby Lisa » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:13 pm

Hi Treacle,

Glad you're managing to work out whats working for you, one question tho, why have you changed your probiotics?
I'm also taking Optibac ones, and was wondering why you've stopped using them?
Thanks. :)
Lisa

Postby treacle » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:31 pm

Hi Lisa. After my second round of antibiotics, my symptoms got about 100 times more horrific,changed from intermittent to constant! The Optibac just wasn't making any difference. I'm NEVER taking the antibiotics again! better to combat the problem with diet defo.

I forgot to say i also take an iron tablet daily and sometimes eat fruit like fresh pineapple, pomegranate and the occasional apple.
treacle

Postby Lisa » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:53 pm

Thanks for replying Treacle, may I ask what probiotics you are taking now?
I too have TMAU2, and found the antibiotics helped somewhat, especially Metroniz??????, and the Neoycim sulphate, but it must be done in conjunction with the diet, what a/b did you try?
Thanks again.
Lisa

Postby treacle » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:16 pm

Currently taking BioCare Bio-Acidophilus Forte probiotics (ones you have to keep refridgerated) with 30 billion bacteria per capsule.

Glad to hear you find the antibiotics helpful. :D I took Metronidazole, doxycycline, neomycin. i got tested again after finishing the 2nd course and TMA levels were still high, so not going to bother with them anymore.
treacle

Postby Maisie » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:27 am

Hi Treacle

I've never heard of Mycopryl Caprylic Acid but on looking on Amazon, they sound quite interesting. How long have you been taking them?

Maisie x
Maisie

Postby treacle » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:46 am

I started taking the Mycopryl in mid-November. Its supposedly anti-bacterial as well as antifungal so hopefully kills some of the TMA producing bacteria as well as reducing yeast overgrowth? I take one with every meal. The pills have a strong sour smell but please DONT be put off by that because i found they dont make you smell like that and didn't have any negative effect on my symptoms. They come in three strengths and I take the high strength ones.
treacle

Return to treatment