does charcoal stop absorbtion of nullo?

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

does charcoal stop absorbtion of nullo?

Postby egglover » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:27 am

Hi all,

Since being diagnosed with TMAU a few months ago I started taking Nullo straight away - 1 capsule 3 times a day (6am & 2pm and 8pm)
I was getting fewer complaints about my odour but was still getting a couple so I decided to take 2 charcoal tablets with my meals (roughly 8am, 12pm and 6pm).

Now I'm getting LOADS of complaints about my odour. It could just be a co-incidence but I'm wondering if the charcoal is absobing some of the nullo to stop it working properly.

Could this happen do you think? Do most people take both supplements?
egglover

Re: does charcoal stop absorbtion of nullo?

Postby Ellie Girl » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:18 am

It is possible. I take charcoal after a meal; riboflavin with the meal. I take my cholorophyll first thing in the morning and last thing in the evening. Check the ingredients in the charcoal - the Holland and Barretts charcoal has nut derivatives in it. When I used that brand I started to smell of cabbage. Braggs is better for me.

Hope that helps! There is a supplement protocol somewhere - I think it's on the Mebo website. I found it really helpful.

Ellie x
Ellie Girl

Re: does charcoal stop absorbtion of nullo?

Postby PoetFire » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:01 pm

it might stop absorption because charcoal is not absorbed and binds to things. So does chlorophyll I think, but selectively (?), as I guess a lot of chlorophyll is absorbed since it is meant to have nutritional benefits.

Charcoal just binds to stuff and makes it too big for absorption and incactive. It's used for things like in overdoses (to bind and try and stop absorption).

I think the protocol if you take both is to take chlorophyll with a meal and charcoal away from meals, since charcoal is a heavy duty binder and would bind to your meal.

The idea with binders is that they make anything they bind to unabsorbable to the bloodstream and inactive.

In theory they sound ideal but the jury is out, in my opinion
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15043988
PoetFire

Return to treatment