copper chlorophyllin

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Re: copper chlorophyllin

Postby Ms Bananas » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:40 pm

I don't think the Solaray product is copper chlorophyll like it's supposed to be, just chlorophyll.

http://www.solaray.co.uk/product/prod_d ... id=8013767
Ms Bananas

Postby Caliban » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:39 pm

Hi Ms Bananas,
if you look on that page that you sent, it says "Chlorophyll (as chlorophyllin)" - it says this on the bottle too.
This means that it is the chlorophyllin salt of chlorophyll, i.e. combined with sodium.
I have read also read articles that say when chlorophyllin is sold commercially, it is always the copper complex version, not the magnesium complex version that comes direct from plants - this copper version is soluble in water - the magnesium version in plants is not.
I am pretty sure that the version I am taking is water soluble
My understanding is that this is the same chemical as is in Nullo, and it does do the same job.

Please see here for the nullo page explaining the chemistry:
http://www.nullo.com/chlorophyllin.html

and as it says here, it basically says "chlorophyllin is a semi-synthetic mixture of water-soluble sodium copper salts derived from chlorophyll."
http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/p ... index.html

So I'm quite sure that "Solaray Chlorophyll" is the same as the nullo Chlorophyllin.
Maybe the manufacturers just thought that to give it its proper name would be a mouthful.

Regards,
Caliban
Caliban

Postby smelly » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:26 pm

Caliban (and any other successful chllororphyll users!) :)

Im wondering if the reason the results of chlrorphyll are so inconsistent is because people are taking it with other supplements that are interfering with action, or something like that? Since you get such good results with it, would you feel happy telling us when you take it in relation to meals and or other supplements so some of us could try the same and see if we get a good reaction? Something Im concerned about is if it is like charcoal in that it absorbs whatever is in the guts at the same time - its a bit of a pain timing all these supplements so Im leaving a good long gap between taking them and the charcoal. If I start taking the chlorophyll as well, will I be able to take that at the same time as anything else I wonder? :| .....
smelly

Postby kittycat » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:11 am

I've been on the Solaray for three days and seem to have the taste of seaweed in my mouth. I'm going to the dentist later and on the last appointment he stopped drilling and asked the nurse to open the window! Perhaps in his own sweet way he'll let me know if the pills are working.
kittycat

Postby kittycat » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:47 pm

Hi all
Sadly, I don't think Solaray or Nullo worked for me, but it's so hard to tell as I can't smell the tma, and nor can my partner. At first I was very hopeful as the normal underarm BO improved and then I was on a short flight where they served Brie and fruit crumble. Normally I wouldn't have eaten them but as we were due to land in an hour I thought I'd chance it. We were then stuck on the tarmac for 2hours with the heat full on! My eyes and ears were swivelling around waiting for the nasty looks and comments and none came :) But then, I was in Germany last week, and in a very hot department store, when I heard an exclaimation behind me on the lines of 'Dat voman she ich SCHSTINKEN!!' my heart sunk and I hoped it was just paranoia but turned around to find two hatchet faced women glaring at me with bitter hatred. :evil: :evil: I'd only eaten chips and salad all week. Perhaps it's as you say, the Nullo and probiotics were cancelling each other out, although I took them hours separately. The stress of travelling makes it worse, I don't have this trouble down the allotment! Kx
kittycat

Postby smelly » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:53 pm

kittycat,

it is interesting that you say that you noticed a reduction in underarm odour with the tablets. I had read in the past that people tend to smell less of the general BO smell, but arent sure it has reduced this specific metabolic odour smell. I cant smell the metabolic smell very often so I would looovveee to know if this supplement is going to be any good for that....

...and on the diet point, where you say you only ate chips and salad but may have been schtinken :lol: ....just a thought, but I wonder if oil is a problem. I noticed I get a really eggy smell if I just eat plain bread whose label just lists wheat, veg oil, and yeast. I know wheat is a problem for TMAU, but i read rapeseed oil is also, and I think when you see veg oil it can be rapeseed oil or even soy oil, and soy is also bad for us. Chips (and crisps if thats what you meant, some people call them chips) are both saturated in oil. Something to watch out for. ;)

Keep up the amusing and interesting posts :P
smelly

Postby shania12345 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:02 pm

People with TMAU should be consuming olive oil. I eat plain chips that have cottonseed oil and the USDA choline lists cottonseed oil as being low in choline.

Shania
shania12345

Postby smelly » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:18 pm

Thank you Shania, its a real boost to have someone confirm whether Im on the right track or not!
smelly

Postby kittycat » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:48 am

Hi Shania
I'm an avid reader of food contents lists but I don't think I've ever seen cottonseed oil and think it's mainly a US product. Will keep an eagle eye out for it now you say it's low choline. We probably all use olive oil at home but fast food is probably cooked in sunflower or, horror of horrors, rapeseed oil. kittycatx

Hi smelly
You're def on the right track with oil, but what do we eat when we're out and about? I mean something tasty and filling, not carrot batons and an apple :roll: Germany was even worse as their ham salad crusty rolls contained sliced egg AND cream cheese too. I think I'll start a new thread on oil later, prob under 'food'
Or you start without me, if you've the time. Also thought of another thread on 'excuses for not eating things' as last evening I heard myself say 'I'm a vegetarian', a barefaced lie! I also don't eat anything boiled alive apparently, although remember choosing my lobster from the aquarium when it suited me. Must admit I wouldn't do it now I'm older and kinder.
Thanks for all your posts... you are one of my hero's :) love k
kittycat

Postby shania12345 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:27 pm

Kittykat,

I think companies use it in foods but I don't believe cottonseed oil is something you can just go and buy in the stores like vegetable,canola and olive oil but I could be wrong.

Shania
shania12345

PreviousNext

Return to treatment