antibiotics

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

antibiotics

Postby ashthera » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:23 am

How long does it take for antibiotics to work their way out of your system? My 16 month old son has been on 3 different antibiotics in the past 5 days. Two different oral and one injected antibiotic... How long does it usually take for antibiotics to work out of a child's system?
Last edited by ashthera on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ashthera

Re: antibiotics

Postby Weak » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:34 pm

Well normally for a fully developed person you would take antibiotics on a bi monthly or tri monthly regimen since too much antibiotics will cause the body to become immune to said antibiotic, also antibiotics kills all the bacteria in the gut, good ones and the bad ones, and too much could put stress on the body.

3 in 5 days seems excessive, are you doing this along with a doctors provision because i dont know why he would give that much to a baby. I could be wrong but I really do think that is a bit too much, especially for a baby who hasn't even fully developed there immune system yet.
Weak

Postby Lisa » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:00 pm

I'm sure the GP knows what he is doing, please dont scare people with your presumptions.
Lisa

Postby Weak » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:58 pm

Lisa wrote:I'm sure the GP knows what he is doing, please dont scare people with your presumptions.

Well nothing was mentioned about a GP, just that he had his 16month old kid taking antiboitics. I am sure if the GP was supervising all of this the poster would not feel the need to seek out further help from the forum. Which is why I presumed they are doing this outside the supervision of a GP.

x__x
Weak

Return to treatment