grapefruit seed extract

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

grapefruit seed extract

Postby idealist » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi Guys,

Someone recomended that I start taking grapefruit seed extract . Apartently it possess antibacterial, and antifungal properties. I was also told to stop eating all kinds of sugar (Pasta, fruit......) for at least six months. Has anyone tried grapefruit seed extract ?
idealist

Re: grapefruit seed extract

Postby malory » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:51 am

I use this regularly.
I used to take 5 drops of Citricidal by Higher Nature in a cup of water and hold it in my mouth as a final mouthwash. It was the most effective product for mouthwash BUT my teeth started to hurt and I guess the acidity was causing acid erosion so I stopped. Now I just squeeze fresh lemon on my tongue and try not to let it touch my teeth. However, Citricidal is very good to take as a drink and effective I think.

Be careful with Citricidal 'cause it can literally BURN your mouth if you don't dilute it well enough. I was in agony one day from doing this and could hardly speak or eat.

Biocidin by Biocare is a much gentler option and does the same job.
malory

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:27 am

Hi

I am trying grapefruit seed extract with other supplements and a low sugar yeast diet to get rid of candida.
So far getting a bit of die off with a funny tummy not sure what its doing to my TMAU odour yet.
Will let you know in couple of months time. Also, taking probiotics as well.

SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby smelly » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:08 pm

Is that from the lady on mebo site that had TMAU symptoms (maybe even TMAU diagnosis?) who gave up all forms of sugar, and was then able to go back to eating protein choline etc ?

I think she had a thoery that it was actually sugar metabolism that was the problem which gave a knock-on effect on protein metabolism that showed as TMAU. I think suagr and protein metabolisms share certain pathways so by eating more sugar than your body can handle, you are indirectly overloading the protein pathway?? By cutting out sugar for a period of months and allowing that problem to sort itself out, the protein metabolism was corrected. but I think you cant ever go back to eating sugar or the problem returns.

I was really interested in this theory because the one thing I always thought was my problem was sugar, even though I can t smell it to know for sure, and all doctors have said there is no way sugar can cause odour. The reason I havent tried this is because I wouldn be able to tell for sure if the odour is reduced so I'll never knowif its helping unless it completely makes the odour go away so that i dont ever get any reactions. And you have to cut sugar out with absolutely no cheating for sucha long time, that to make it bareable you would have to know that after 6 months you will be able to smell whether its worked or not - if youre just going on other people telling you who cant really smell it either and peoples reactions - thats not really going to make it do-able going without all those foods that have alll the hidden sugars like meat and fruits and some vegetables -it was an extremely harsh diet that makes the TMAU diet look really easy. But if I could smell the odour myself I would 100% do it.
smelly

Postby Weak » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:01 pm

Actually speaking on the lady who gave up suger there is this other disease I forget what its called,, canida or something like that. But basically its a fungus that lives on your skin and in you that feeds off of sugars that you eat and said fungus releases a yeast like smell. Giving up sugars is the cure for said disease. So maybe she just had canida instead of TMAU.
Weak

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Fri May 04, 2012 9:20 am

Hi All

Just to say I have stopped taking the supplements.
However, I have continued with the no sugar, no yeast and no alcohol diet think that it is helping after two months.

SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby smelly » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:55 pm

smellykelly2, that sounds like a good combination. Im sure they are bad foods for me too. Keep up the good work :D
smelly

Postby malory » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:07 am

... foods that have alll the hidden sugars like meat and fruits and some vegetables -it was an extremely harsh diet that makes the TMAU diet look really easy.

Yes this is a real problem for those of us who do not have 'straightforward TMAU' and you have hit the nail on the head, Smelly.

I have dysfunctional FMO3 and bacterial overgrowth and candida, I think, so which diet for me?
I'm experimenting with different diets but running out of foods to eat.
I tried the FODMAP (low fructose) diet and low choline diets together but found no improvement to justify the fact that I hardly had enough energy to walk upstairs.
I'm a low choline diet queen :D and can reduce my TMA levels with diet but the odour stays.
Then I've got a list of sulphur foods to consider...
http://livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnet ... food-list/
Now I'm trying the Specific Carbohydrate Diet with home-made yoghurt as the main food and combining this with low choline diet. If I also eliminate some fruit and vege (FODMAP diet) I will really have nothing left to eat :(

I keep reminding myself that we have to eat SOMEthing or our bodies will literally eat away at themselves :!: and we can't function properly anyway without nutrients.
(I'm taking Bio Health multivitamins and calcium which don't have additives/maltodextrin)
malory

Postby raima55 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:59 am

I already lost the hope that deodorants will work for me, but I keep trying. Right now I'm using Old Spice Original, it seems to be nice but every deodorant I used always seemed like that at the begining, then started to make my odor even worse.

Return to treatment