Antibiotics and Ozonetherapy

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Antibiotics and Ozonetherapy

Postby malory » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:32 pm

I'm glad if antibiotics help you but, if not, you are not alone! I was really interested in what Maggs was telling me about antibios (thanks Arun for the great meet-up last month!) and i decided to experiment with antibiotic therapy. I'd already taken 2 courses of antibiotics (paromomycin, nitazoxanide, furazolidone, secnidal) to eliminate gut parasites about 2 or 3 years ago. As I'd found no odour relief whatsoever while taking them, i was very reluctant to take further antibiotics for my TMAU even though I was strongly encouraged by Dr Lachmann to take neomycin for 14 days.

I combined 4 sessions of ozonetherapy with antibiotic therapy last month. I had ozone gas (via the rectum) to kill the anaerobic bacteria. I had this once a week throughout September. The day prior to the ozone treatment I fasted for 24 hours and took a laxative called Citrafleet which, maybe due to the saccharin in it, made me really smell on the day of fasting.

I had a very minimal relief of symptoms after my initial ozone treatment during which time i was doing a raw diet and taking B2. I couldn't cope with a raw diet and menstruation at the same time so I introduced potatoes, cooked aubergines and courgettes,

I then started taking neomycin 500g 4x a day. At first it made me feel a bit nauseous but nothing too bad. By the end of the course I had completely adapted to taking the antibiotics and didn't even feel nauseous any more. I followed a non-gluten, minimal choline diet throughout. On day 2 of taking neomycin I had no reactions and I felt sure the whole thing would be successful. On day 3 of neomycin, ( continuing a strict diet and having now had 2 ozone treatments) I had some reactions. I completed the complete course of antibiotics and 2 further ozone treatments (taking care not to take the antibiotics when under the effects of the laxatives) but found no further relief.

I regret taking the antibiotics as they did not help me and I am not wholly convinced by the theory of antibiotic rotation; I think the bacteria I harbour are tough and resistant to everything!

I will not take antibiotics again. Who knows what damage they are doing to my body. Good luck to all of you whose bodies respond to antibiotics; maybe I am a freak among freaks - nothing seems to affect my odour. I just know it is even worse if I eat and much much worse before menstruation.

I was diagnosed a year ago and my tma level is down but my odour the same. (The reactions I receive are often very clear indeed.) Now I intend to maintain the diet and B2 but the antibiotics - NO WAY! Ozonetherapy is definitely worth trying though: it's quick and painless but just very costly. I did mine at Wimbledon Clinic.

I haven't had a tmau test since doing the antibiotics therapy but here are mine in case they are of interest.

Oct 2010 (choline load):
TMA 31.9*
YMA-n-oxide 40
TMA/TMA-n-oxide 0.80*
urine creatinine 7.3

Jan 2011 (after diet and B2):
TMA 12*
YMA-n-oxide 43.3
TMA/TMA-n-oxide 0.28*
urine creatinine 3

July 2011 (diet and B2):
TMA 12.9*
TMA-n-oxide 102.4
TMA/TMA-n-oxide 0.13*
urine creatinine 1.7
malory

Re: Antibiotics and Ozonetherapy

Postby smelly » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:08 pm

Hi malory,

Interesting about the ozone therapy. I wonder if there is a suppository type alternative for people who dont want a stranger putting a tube up their bum?

You seem to be like me - reacting to sugar, and not getting relief from odour when taking antibiotics (and you really were taking antibiotics! 2000mg a day, when Ithought the standard was 3x400?), indicating something more than just TMAU?

I have given up on the antbiotics as well because I was getting negative comments after Id just finished a 2 week course, when I should have been in 'smell free' zone.

I was considering taking them 'just in case' but a second relative has recently picked up clostridium infection which is resistant to antibiotics, during a hospital stay, and it has given me a bit of a fright how common it seems to be.

The thinking is that if you take antibiotics, the clostri. population grows out of control because they are the only ones that arent killed. Clostrid. bacteria can survive even on disinfectant-cleaned surfaces, I think Im right in saying that the spores can only be killed with a specific concentration of bleach, and if you have someone about who has them they are constantly putting out spores about the place.

Sorry to put the frightners up anyone who'se feeling a bit nervy, but this clostrid business is worth worrying about - I hadnt appreciated the risk when people had mentioned it previously....
smelly

Postby Abyss » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:59 pm

Hello Malory and Smelly.

Hi are hope you are doing well. I read your posts and found them quite interesting. I have been taking my medicine, anitbiotics and have found that i think they actually make my tmau alot worse, even death would die at a sniff lol :lol: , also my stomach tends to swell up as if i'm three months pregnant. I'm on alot of pain killers but i looked that up and it shouldn't be messing up the antibiotics.

Anyway getting to back to the point of my post lol, did your stomachs swell up whilst taking the antibiotics?

Thanks

Abyss x
Abyss

Postby smelly » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:39 pm

Yes.

I didnt really notice it when I did a couple of rounds of antibiotic when i first was diagnosed but when I tried another round this year I did notice my stomach swell up and it hasnt really gone down completely since.

At the same time I started trying to eat more normally which meant eating some bread (ie yeast?) and dairy and a bit of cheese and sugar. Dont know if that contributed to the bloat? the worrying thing is that when I used to get a blown up stomach when I was younger, it did at least disappear when I cut out all the sugar dairy etc, and when I hadnt eaten for a bit ie first thing in the morning, but it is constant now.

I did think it went down a bit when I took garpefruit seed extract, but now Im really having a good look in the mirror at different times of the day and it doesnt seem to fully go down. There was another factor as well i suppose that ive been taking anti-depressant at night to stop insomnia and they are know to add weight, but its wierd its just going on my stomach? Also of course it could just be middle aged spread!
smelly

Postby Abyss » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:21 am

Hi Smelly

Thanks for the reply. It's quite annoying isn't it, the swelling? I'm fed up of looking like i'm carrying a baby lol. I think i will seriously have to have words with the dr about the antibiotics next week. I know this is probably digusting to post but they also give me a hard time in going to the toilet. Sugar, i cannot go without although i would love to. I don't eat chocolate or sweets really but i am diabetic type one so thats a bit of a problem regarding the whole dietry and treatment issue. :? Apparently i am allowed boiled sweets and jam and marmalade, which is ok with me.

I also take sleeping pills, they're not anti-depressants, at least i don't think they are lol, no they're not. They don't make me swell. I was an avid insomniac and if i was asleep i would sleepwalk lol.

Oh well, if somebody could amend our fmo3 problems that would be great lol, or suck out all the protein build up like liposuction, i'm just being silly now, tablets not working yet.

Anyway thanks smelly, another piece of info to shove at the dr!

Abyss
Abyss

Postby malory » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:28 pm

Abyss
Just seen your question about the stomach swelling up when taking antibiotics. My stomach didn't swell up at all. I may as well have been taking cough sweets for all the effect they had on me. So sorry the antibiotics didn't work out for you either.

I think the ozonetherapy is worth a try though - it's only a very small tube! No problem at all. And the doctor is very good; doesn't even seem like a stranger after the first go. I used to exchange niceties and have a little chat with him while he did it to kind of distract myself from the awkwardness of the situation. I found it easier than talking with him face to face; my butt smells much better than my mouth! As you said though, I think there is more going on than just TMAU in my case so not sure if it's worth me doing ozonetherapy again BUT, if you have an odour that DOES respond to antibiotics, then it's worth a go and could save you from antibiotics.

And you're right, Smelly, antibiotic resistance IS a real worry. That's why we need to e-mail on 28th November. Got to get the NPSA (patient safety) to push for an alternative approach...
malory

Postby Abyss » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:49 pm

Dear Malory,

Hi and thanks for your posting. Hope you are well? Ozone therapy, i have to think about that, you were brave. Am now off of antibiotics, stomach is less pronounced but now i have to take a load of iron for blood so i doubt that will last long. Am seeing gp tomorrow, god knows what for. Will bring up other stuff for him to pick off the list in terms of antibiotics.

I will definitely remember to write an email for the 28th,

Abyss x
Abyss

Postby malory » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:50 pm

Hi Abyss
I take Spa Tone iron sometimes. I find it ok. I used to take Floradix but it probably has things which are 'bad for us' in it plus it makes me feel a bit sick. Hope the GP is sympathetic. I met a GP yesterday who was as compassionate as a wooden pole. so good luck, Malory X
malory

Postby Abyss » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:46 pm

I think your wooden pole escaped lol sound out the alarms! March of the totems! :lol:

Am on Eurothymicin 500 x 3 for flu / infection. Wish i'd never went.

Got to have iron, folic acid, b12 and now calcium meds being brought in.

And got to have surgery on my face, which seeing how i get treated via the tmau when going into hospital i am worried that they will really just think how bad i smell and not focus on my face.

Its like having an appointment with Krusty the clown with these people, one big circus!

I looked up your iron, it looks pretty good, i've noted it down. Sorry to hear about your meeting/ app Malory, some of these people are just pigs, i hope you're ok. Anyway i am going to fall asleep as i am knackered for some reason. That's if the builders shut up lol!

Tc

Abyss xx
Abyss

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:56 am

Ozone Therapy has historically been used to treat a variety of conditions. More recently, it has been used as a tool for enhancing well-aging. Not only does it positively affect the appearance of our skin, but it also helps our body’s healing process.

Each year we rely heavily on antibiotics to treat various illnesses. Although they help some infections, they do not address viral infections, which are the most common cause of the flu. In fact, antibiotics not only kill off the bad flora in our body, but the good flora as well, which greatly weakens our immune system.

Ozone is an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral agent, and Ozone Therapy offers an alternative without the toxic side-effects of antibiotics. When used as a preventative measure, Ozone Therapy protects us from contracting an illness that could eventually require antibiotic treatment.

What is Ozone Therapy?

Ozone Therapy was first used medically in the mid-1800’s as a sterilization method in operating rooms. Later, it was used as a treatment for a wide variety of illnesses including tuberculosis. It is now commonly used to enhance well-aging.

Ozone is either administered intravenously or rectally, and takes only about 15-20 minutes per session. As the blood is inundated with oxygen and ozone, it creates an aerobic environment in which cells with anaerobic metabolisms cannot thrive, including bacteria and fungi. Although ozone is dangerous if inhaled, properties in our blood prevent it from harming us. In fact, the benefit of ozone in the bloodstream and organs is currently being researched and new facts are coming to light regarding using Ozone Therapy as a safer alternative to conventional medicine.

Ozone Therapy as prevention

Frequent travelers are most at risk for getting sick. Varying sleeping patterns, hectic schedules, and the low oxygen and recycled air in airplanes weaken our immune system, making it easier for us to get ill. For this reason, many people on-the-go schedule Ozone Therapy before and after their trips. They boost their immune systems before leaving, which helps their bodies better fight the contaminants and stresses of traveling. Ozone Therapy can also help during winter months, as an alternative to a flu shot. Just as a flu shot is a preventative measure for the flu, Ozone Therapy is a buffer to the many contagions the confined winter months can expose us to. An interesting side effect of ozone therapy is a clearer complexion, but this effect is the only reason why some people undergo treatment!
Keith

Return to treatment