Seeking Triallers for OptiBac Probiotics

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Seeking Triallers for OptiBac Probiotics

Postby OptiBac » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:38 pm

Hello all,

I'm writing on behalf of our family business, OptiBac Probiotics. We are keen to offer a month's worth of probiotics to 8 or so TMAU forum users so that you can test the brand out and see how they go for you.

As mentioned on a post some time ago, one of the TMAU.org.uk members got in touch with us last year to say how helpful the probiotics had been - I appreciate probiotics are far from a magical 'cure' for TMAU, but we'd like to see how many other people find them to be of use, alongside your personal ongoing dietary requirements & day to day ways of getting by with TMAU.

And in particular we are keen to stress that different probiotic strains etc can be useful in different ways! We'd love for some people to try our 'For daily wellbeing' and for others to try our newer 'For daily wellbeing EXTRA Strength'. There's no catch really, we just hope that if you do find them of benefit, you will talk about us. and perhaps even link to us (but only if you love the products!)

If anyone is interested in giving them a go, perhaps you could get in touch.

I look forward to hearing back, thanks very much for your time,

Soraya
Last edited by OptiBac on Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
OptiBac

Re: Seeking Triallers for OptiBac Probiotics

Postby Maisie » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:39 pm

Has anyone tried these probiotics?
Maisie

Postby flower » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:28 pm

Hi Maisie,

I take the VSL3 each morning, it seems to work for IBS, and I think it is helpfull for tmau 2, especially when you have IBS, ...I don't know if my odor is reduced by taking them.

If I try the OptiBac Probiotics, I will give you some feedback.

Flower
flower

Postby Maisie » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:12 pm

Thanks Flower.

I've tried the VSL3 for several months and they don't seem to help my odour. I wondered if it was worth trying the Optibac.

Maisie x
Maisie

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:35 am

Hi Soraya
I am very keen to try your probiotics, I have emailed you my address.
Thanks
Jackie
SmellyKelly2

Postby smelly » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:56 pm

Hi ,

Id love to try them out but I cant smell my odour and I havent got a reliable feedback system in operation - people around me smell the different odours to diffrerent degrees at varying times - so i wouldnt be able to give you the feedback you would need (unless they completely took away the odour, which I dont think anyone is seriously proposing ;) .)

Out of interest, which strains of bacteria do you have in the products? Do they have the FOS in as well?

i think its a great idea to try them out on this community,its just a damn shamethat the odour is usually transient and very diffiicult to evaluate consistently. We definately need a 'smell-o-meter' for this experiment... :lol:
smelly

Postby Lisa » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:53 pm

I'm prepared to give them a go, as I have TMAU 2, and can smell myself, it may be of some benefit, afterall, it cant do any harm can it?
If I'm lucky enough to be chosen, (golden ticket, Charlie and the choclate factory spring to mind, lol), I will let you know how it goes.
Lisa

Postby MUNCHKIN » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:51 pm

I would love to hear how everyone gets on. I cant actually smell myself so I wouldnt know if they made a difference or not :?
MUNCHKIN

Postby OptiBac » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:15 am

Thank you very much for all the replies, will be in touch with those of you who have PMed and emailed. Lisa you've a golden ticket, no problem! Thanks for the analogy but we're not quite so exclusive :D

Thanks for your thoughts too Smelly - I appreciate a smell-o-meter might come in handy.. maybe next time!

We use a big variety of species and strains, some of the most researched are Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell- 52, Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM, Bifidobacterium bifidum Rosell-71, Saccharomyces boulardii and Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11. We do use the prebiotic FOS, in some of our formulations; it is in our 'For daily wellbeing' but not 'For daily wellbeing EXTRA Strength'.

The full ingredients in all the products are listed at http://www.optibacprobiotics.co.uk/reso ... range.html

Hope that helps - any questions dont hesitate..

Best wishes,

Soraya
OptiBac

Postby smelly » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:07 pm

Nice site :) Its good that you have a range of different formulations, choice of FOS or no FOS etc. Good luck with it. It would be fantastic if those who can smell this odour well could give feedback, trying different formulations to get an idea of which bacteria and which doses work best.
smelly

Next

Return to treatment