Antibiotics and charcoal

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Antibiotics and charcoal

Postby batoli » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:28 pm

Hi
I have just started a course of antibiotics to try and reduce the stomach bacteria - can I take charcoal and chlorophyll, B2 etc. at the same time? Woudl you recommend starting probiotics after this course?

I really don't want to be smelling right now so rely on my charcoal but then again I read they could stop antibiotics from working :?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
batoli

Re: Antibiotics and charcoal

Postby owmariya » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:24 am

How many hours after I completed an antibiotic treatment, can I drink alcohol? I finished taking an antibiotic for tonsillitis this morning.. how many hours my last pill can I consume alcohol? Thanks!

Re: Antibiotics and charcoal

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:57 am

Many folks think of diarrhea (“loose, watery stools occurring more than three times in one day”) as a disease, but initially, it is simply the body’s way of trying to throw off some toxin or pathogen before they can produce even more serious complications. If it does its job and the bowels return to normal function, then we can be thankful. But diarrhea is no little problem. Too often the diarrhea does not shut off and brings the body to the point of severe dehydration and loss of essential electrolytes. What should be a normal physiological response to some toxin becomes dysfunctional and creates even more problems. In severe cases, death can quickly follow. Common causes of diarrhea include:

Bacterial infections - consumed through contaminated food or water
Viral infections - including rotavirus, Norwalk virus, herpes simplex virus, viral hepatitis, HIV/AIDS
Food intolerances - such as lactose, the sugar found in milk.
Parasites - including Giardia lamblia, Entamoeba histolytica, and Cryptosporidium
Reaction to medicines, such as antibiotics, blood pressure medications, and antacids containing magnesium.
Inflammatory bowel disease - Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis, celiac disease.
Functional bowel disorders - such as irritable bowel syndrome
Other – Surgery, pregnancy, stress
In cases where diarrhea is triggered by some toxic substance, whether ingested directly or produced secondarily by bacteria, viruses, or as a functional problem of the bowels, activated charcoal has been found to be a potent remedy.
Keith

Return to treatment