Borax & calamine lotion

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Borax & calamine lotion

Postby idealist » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:17 pm

Hi guys and dolls

I found this info on Yahoo answers.com posted by Syl.c in regards to TMAU.
Her tips are-

'Alkaline soap with baking soda & vodka will kill the bacteria. Then put on some calamine lotion (zinc) in all the places that collect moisture. Stop using deodorants and anti-perspirants, they are very bad for you. Also wash all of your clothes in Borax, an all natural laundry detergent and never use fabric softeners, they leave behind chemicals on your skin and help cause the stink!'

Was this written by any member on this site or /and has anyone tried any of her suggestions?

I would try her suggestions but I would also stick to underarm deodorants and anti-perspirants (I won't give 'Trust' up for the world!)
I also watched on youtube that lemon under (clean) armpits, leave to dry and wash off is a good combat for underarm odour. Tried this and it was pretty effective. But you may need to add underarm deodorants and anti-perspirants when finished (although this is meant to be as an alternative to deodorants).
). :D
idealist

Re: Borax & calamine lotion

Postby Maisie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:54 pm

Do you think that's right about fabric softeners? I always use them in the hope they'll make my clothes smell nice but if they transfer to your skin and make the smell worse, I won't be using them any more!
Maisie

Return to treatment