bad breath

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

bad breath

Postby smelly » Mon May 30, 2011 8:55 pm

I have had a problem with lots of mucous in nose and throat and presumed it was due to general allergies. But I have read on other sites about people who say they produce a chemical that comes out in their sweat and breath, that DOESNT smell but irritates others noses and seems to bring out an allergic response in others. This made me think that maybe the odour that comes out of our lungs, might also be irritating to US and causing an allergic type reaction ie mucous production, which would help bugs to grow in much greater numbers and if the breath has an unusual pH it could be an unusual species of bugs that are very smelly that start taking over?? dunno just thinking ......Anyway, it made me think that there might be others on this site who might have a problem with breath, and whilst we cant do anything about what gases we breathe out, if you think you have a lot of mucous, or a weird taste in mouth which doesnt go away with brushing, heres a little tip that might help.

Get a tongue scraper (couple of pounds online/ebay etc) and scrape your tongue from as far back as you can, :o brush tongue with toothpaste and scrape again. This is the only thing that makes my mouth feel even slightly fresh and the amount of mucous/bugs that comes off is unbelievable. I have even read of people opening probiotic capsules and putting contents on tongue to try to repopulate tongue with non smelly bugs but I havent tried this yet. Also, to try and get to the areas you cant reach and clear them of mucous (that bugs live on) use a netti kettle. Boots have started selling a nice kit that has an easier to use netti kettle than the traditional one and sachets of saline to use with it. I used one with normal water and it hurt so much, prob wrong pH or something. The idea is you squirt water up one nostril and it fires out of the other one, clearing your passages out! If you get rid of mucous that way, there is less to dribble down onto back of tongue, feeding bugs. I think my case is much worse than anyone elses is likely to be because many years ago, I stupidly used the netti kettle in the shower and , wait for it, used the water from the shower head to fill the kettle , thereby infecting my insides with gawd knows what horrible bugs that were growing in the bathroom. Ive read on other sites that they think the bacteria that shows up as pink dots in your bathroom might be one of the bugs causing extreme body odour. Well if it is, Ive got LOADS. What a wazzak. Still you live and learn. So if you use a netti kettle only use drinking tap water and boil (and cool!) it first.

PS I don’t want anyone to get paranoid about their breath, heaven knows we have enough to worry about already. If you have a problem you will already know because people will cover their nose whenever you start speaking. If they don’t do that, don’t worry, your breath is fine! :D
smelly

Re: bad breath

Postby kittycat » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:59 am

I know that bb might mainly be expressed from the lungs, but I was wondering if it may also come from the digestive system?....I've been prescribed Gaviscon Advance for acid reflux and it's a good product. It works by forming a coating, like a cushion, on top of your meal. I don't know if it contains any nasties...kx
kittycat

Postby smelly » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:28 pm

I know what you're getting at, because many years ago I was drinking a lot of that pink stuff thats simillar/same to what youre talking about. I read it attracted certain gases from digestive tract. Dont know if it made any difference though and started to worry I might be causing more harm than good because I didnt have any of the symptoms its actually marketed for, I was just trying to handle my odour. Oh boy, Im feeling abit sad thinking about that ,because that was about 10 years ago. I dont know Im any further forward now, controllling this odour, after all those sleepless nights scouring the internet and worrying about it. Jeze your life flashes by in a second doesnt it. Right, goingto do soemthing else now. Feeling a bit depressed :lol:
smelly

Postby kittycat » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Is the pink stuff Pepto Bism??? if so, they're discussing that on another forum...might have said it binds to magnesium... I don't think mine has many active ingredients, just forms a barrier, unless my doc lied to get me outta there. kx
kittycat

Postby smelly » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:04 pm

Yes, pepto bismol, that sounds right. It was a long long time ago I was drinking that, before the TMAU idea really came up. I cant remember what it was meant to bind to, but I dont think i did much to help!
smelly

Postby smelly » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:08 pm

But kittycat , thats worth a shot for anyone who can smell their odour coming from their mouths, if this gaviscon doesnt have dangerous active iingredients. I'l lput it on my list!..... :)
smelly

Postby kittycat » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:06 pm

Good posts on Yahoo and vbulletin forums about bb and candida today. :)
kittycat

Postby smelly » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:46 pm

kittycat, I spent the entire afternoon (when I should have been internet food shopping!) trawling through the bloodbornebodyodor site under the general 'body odour' heading and what I got from last few months posts was that probiotics in large doses using more recently developed products/brands and high doses of B2 have given some people a good reduction in odour. This is great news and I'll be stocking up on both! Thanks for the tip :D I just havent the mental capacity to keep up with that forum ,they keep coming up with stuff that takes me hours to understand :lol:so its good of you to give us an alram call when developments are made. Did I miss anything else on the yahoo forum? I didnt get as much time to check that one.
smelly

Postby smelly » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:54 pm

I wish I just had odour from one place, when I get on these boards I have to read all the posts for TMAU, then bad breath, then smelly feet, then generally sweatiness BO smell, then hormonal smells, then mental health issues, then.... the list goes on! more chatrooms than hours in the day :lol:
smelly

Postby kittycat » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:33 pm

:lol: Sympathies :lol: The posts I saw were by Dr SS and were concise overviews of BB and candida. There was also good one from Glasgow lady poster about bacteria that grows on caffeine. I can't direct you to it, cos vbulletin comes up with one page on my laptop and another one on my iPad, so I don't understand that either. kcx
kittycat

Next

Return to treatment