Body wash / shampoo correct pH

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Re: Body wash / shampoo correct pH

Postby sunshine » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:11 am

Hi all,
I hope you are all keeping well,
I just thought i,d post on here a couple of products that i,ve found to be really good.
The first one is nivea sensitive balance,its a shower gel and i use it twice a day,followed by baby lotion,it seems to make a bit of difference,and it only costs about £1.oo so its not to expensive and the other product i found on the internet is called Qc deoshower its a foam that you put on and leave it for about 5 minutes then shower,it smells lovely and it leaves a kind of coating on your skin after, so i dont use the baby lotion when i use that one.Its quite expensive so i only use this one when i,m going out for long periods of time.It costs around £10.00 plus p&p,its by no means a miracle cure,but i was really impressed with it.
I found i was able to go longer periods of time without getting the usual reaction :x Hope this helps. sunshine x

sunshine

Postby idealist » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:10 pm

Hi Sunshine,
There have been a few post on Nivea, I think they may discontinue the product, because for the last year and a half the shower gel has been on sale (not a good sign!). Never heard of Qc deoshower I will Google it. Thanks :D
idealist

Postby sunshine » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:26 am

Hi idealist
Thanks for letting me know, just my luck, whenever i find something thats working,they always seem to discontine it.I,ll stock up now while they goings good and its nice and cheap :D Yeah the Qc shower foam is good stuff,they also do body wipes,there pretty good too,and easy to keep in pocket/ handbag and use when needed.
Takecare sunshine x
sunshine

Postby Ellie Girl » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:44 am

Hi All,

Nothing back yet form Dr Organics, but this just in from the delicious Original Source range:

Hi-thanks for your email

We have a range of pH's across our variants depending on their function:

Shower bottle variants are at pH 4.7
Shower pouch variants are at pH 6 - 6.8
Shower scrub variants are at pH 7.25
Shampoo variants are at pH 4.7
Conditioner variants are at pH 3.5
Handwash variants are at pH 4.2

The Lemon & Lime shower pouches will be moving to a pH of 4.7 in the near future.

To check whether the formulation in pouches is at pH 4.7 look for the inclusion of Sodium Benzoate on the ingredients list.

Mint and Tea Tree 500ml Shower pouch will be staying at pH 6-6.8 for the foreseeable future.

Hope this is helpful. I understand the optimum for skin pH is 5.5 so probably most of these between 4.5 to 6.5 would be okay to use - although am I right in thinking the nearer to 5.5 the better? Anyway, I often use the original source cassis and cranberry pouch (it's in Sainsbury's for £1 at the moment - bargain - as a body wash it lasts me a fortnight!) and I've noticed if I rub it on my hands first it changes to a more chemical smell around the time of my period or if I'm having a smelly day - (my fingers often smell weird if I'm smelly) so could be a good judge of just how bad the TMAU is on any given day. I haven't noticed that though with either the lemon bottle wash or the pineapple bottle wash (both are YUMMY!) so maybe the puch ones are closer to a better pH?

Hope that's helpful!

Ellie x
Ellie Girl

Postby Jackal » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:15 pm

just brought some Qc deoshower looks good, do i put that all over my body? do i use normal wash than apply that after?

thanks
Jackal

Postby sunshine » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:28 pm

Hi jackal,
You put it on before you have a shower, and leave it for about five minutes until it's dry on the skin,it says apply to areas you sweat most,but its safe to use all over your body,then shower using another small amount,and rinse off.I use this and have found it really good,hope you do too.
Take care sunshine x
sunshine

Postby smelly » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:39 pm

Thanks for the oriigins info EllieGirl, I like them anyway so its good to know th epH is low as well.
smelly

Postby kittycat » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Lines+shapes mentioned Dermol 500 on our day out........might, or might not :? have been recommended by Dr L?? She might have rubbed it on and left it, or left it on a while then rinsed it off, or used it instead of soap......Anyway, armed with all that precisely remembered information, I bought some...Well, it's called Dermol, and it's 500g and was about £12.....it's 'an antimicrobal emollient ...management of dry,itchy skin......eczema, dermatitis.....or soap substitute. I used it today in shower, on face, feet, and f@nny and found it very soothing :D I thought it might make my feet sweat in the way that putting cream on them does, but they felt very comfy. Might be good for people who have to wash their parts often, and sometimes get sore....kcx
kittycat

Postby Jackal » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:10 am

sunshine wrote:Hi jackal
You put it on before you have a shower, and leave it for about five minutes until it's dry on the skin,it says apply to areas you sweat most,but its safe to use all over your body,then shower using another small amount,and rinse off.I use this and have found it really good,hope you do too.
Take care sunshine x

Hasant worked showered normally then went out got nose reacations came back after two hours left it on me to soak in for ages. Changed cloths went out still got reactions as soon as i came i contact with people.
Jackal

Postby sunshine » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:02 pm

Hi jackal
Sorry to hear it hasn't helped you,i usually put it on my body before i have a shower and leave it for a while and let it soak right in to the skin,then i use another little bit in the shower to wash with,then rinse and towel dry i don't use any other product with it,did you use any other soap or mosturiser with it?
Sunshine x
sunshine

Previous

Return to treatment