Black Cohosh for TMAU Female Hormones

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Black Cohosh for TMAU Female Hormones

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi
Has anyone tried Black Cohosh? It is as a herbal remedy that may be helpful to balance female hormones for TMAU suffers. I think it has been proved to help with over heating and sweating during the menopause. One of my main problems with this illness it the over heating due to the anxiety of the condition. Thought I would get some from H&B to try.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Re: Black Cohosh for TMAU Female Hormones

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:21 pm

Would be interested to know about any hormone balancing supplements eg Starflower oil anyone has taken with or without success, as think this must be a way forward, not keen on the medicine route.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby kittycat » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:05 am

Hi sk. Again, I hate to be a downer but I spent years taking all those remedies, with nothing helping. I took B6 and Evening Primrose for at least 10years, that did help with mastitis. Starflower, Black Cohosh, Dong something, Red Clover etc etc etc. I vaguely remember being in the middle of one course when there was a health scare about one of them giving someone organ failure. Having said that, they must help some people, a bit like Nullo, charcoal.... Tho I wonder if some of the oils might have made my tma worse. Would your nutritionist be able to advise you? Have you ever consulted a herbalist? Lyndsey put that idea in my mind, and one opened in my 'village' the same week! Haven't been yet, too busy brewing Water Kefir. kkx
kittycat

Postby kittycat » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:07 am

I think that Starflower and Ev Primrose convert to B6 in the body. kkx
kittycat

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:04 am

Thanks Kittycat.
I wondered if the effects might not be positive for a TMAU suffer.
Black Cohosh can only be taken for six months, but I was going to give it a try to help with the over heating due to anxiety.
Had done a lot of googling yesterday evening and moved on to the idea of possibly Primrose oil, but I will first check to see if it is converted to B6 (as might work for me).
Don't worry about being a downer, I always want to know info from someone with so many years experience of this illness.
On the plus side I think I am starting to see an improvement with the VSL3 just taking one a day at the moment.
Also, totally given up on having any alcohol for a while as this is definately one of the worst things for me.
Thanks
SKx
SmellyKelly2

Postby kittycat » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:35 pm

Hope the VSL do help you, I'll probably go back to those too. I'm just taking kefir now as I was taking Multibionta, VSL and kefir and started to feel really odd. Quite bad tempered. Even the cats seemed like an ungrateful couple of users. In the interests of science, I decided to just take the kefir for a few weeks, as it's something no one else seems to have tried. Also, as it's cheap to make, and quite therapeutic. I thought it would be wonderful if we didn't have to spend a fortune on probiotics. Still feel slightly odd tho. kkx
kittycat

Postby flower » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:11 pm

Hi,

I am interested too taking something for TMAU female hormones.
I think vsl 3 is working with me but it is not enough .....I suppose....
At the moment I am suffering hormonal....
I think maybe progesteron or oestrogen can paralyse our colon in some periods....or other hormones.
Most of us have it from puberty so there must be sure a relation with hormones.

My GP says that some hormones can cause obstipation , maybe our digestive system doesn t working at those moments and making the symptoms of tmau even worse....

So I will take also something for female hormones . Let you all know if it is working....

Flower
flower

Return to treatment