Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Re: Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Sat May 14, 2011 1:02 pm

Hi Lyndsey
Glad all is going really well for you.
I am still struggling unfortunately.
I have not been eating well either.
However, I am going to see a new nutritional therapist with some knowledge of our illness, although she is still learning (as the last one I saw had never heard of it).
SKx
SmellyKelly2

Postby smelly » Sat May 14, 2011 5:51 pm

Ive been lazy and not taking the B2 consistemntly :? Now going to take 100mg tab am, noon and pm, forever (no reported side effects for over-dosing.) B2 seems to be in foods Im avoiding due to b12 so we are probably deficient in this anyway. Thanks foor keeping up the posting guys, youve given me a little lift re-reading the success you've had using this. :)
smelly

Postby smelly » Sat May 14, 2011 5:54 pm

SK

know how you feel with the struggle - Ive been through a real dip lately but getting a little energy back for another push. ;)
smelly

Postby smelly » Sat May 14, 2011 5:56 pm

lyndsey,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how the herbalist is helping you. Her approach is very logical, working through each problem one by one. Maybe thats an approach we could all follow. I have been randomly trying things and then dropping them at the first negative comment, thinking it isn’t working. Its a big drawback not being able to judge the effect of any treatment, but your success shows that a consistent approach will help longterm. Do you mind me asking, how does herbalist know that your ecoli levels are reduced? Is she going by what she can smell? I like the way you can eat a little sugar now, thats shows its all related, i like that. And Im really hoping this works for you because youve really worked for it.
smelly

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Sun May 15, 2011 2:11 pm

Hi Smelly
Yes, I no what you mean about dips its not easy is it.
When people are only on a limited diet to lose weight to a period of time is it difficult, but ours is a lifetime of change. Until 3 years ago I ate what ever I liked and my favourite thing was fish!
Mentally I am coping well after all my CBT, starting to go out again and do not care what people think anymore.
But not up for sitting in resturants or places where I have to be there for a hour of more in doors yet.
We are renting in a barn and my neighbours as deer, highlight cows, ducks, pheasant and birds (bliss).
My only concern is keeping the place smelling nice for the landlord, with these neighbours I can have the windows open without any worry.
So I admit I have been making the most of it and eating chocolate every day!
Stopping now and back on the low choline diet, which I will merge with anti candida again once I have seen this new nutritionist. Believe if I can address the candida the TMAU will improve.
Also, starting aerobics each morning to sweat it out.
Hope all is well with you
SKx
SmellyKelly2

Postby smelly » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:09 pm

B12

Im wondering whether to take a B complex vit as well as the extra B2, and was reviewing 'the rules' and couldnt find anything saying we are to avoid B12, but I have it in my head that we are to avoid B12. Ive read that some B compexes have choline in them so I dont know if I have gotten confused with that? I know I picked this idea up at the very beginning of this board starting, before I had managed to get tested, so I dont know if I picked that up in relation to another possible body odour condition I was researching at the time? Has anyone heard about B12 and whether good or bad?
smelly

Postby malory » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:04 pm

I've heard that B12 is a definite no for us so try to avoid it.
I'm finding that 100mg of B2 taken 4 times a day is helping me a little. Before i was taking just 200mg and it made no difference but doubling the dosage seems to have some effect.
malory

Postby kittycat » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:12 pm

Hi malory, Do you mind telling who told you to avoid B12? You don't have to name, names ;) I keep reading posts that say we should take B12, and then others to say the opposite. I've been drinking the rice milk with added calcium and B12, cos the last the last post I read on the subject said, with great authority, that we should take B12 :? Kcx
kittycat

Postby smelly » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:50 pm

I don’t want to mess up this B2 thread so I’ll start a new one for B12 and if anyone gets any info we could add it there?
smelly

Postby Ellie Girl » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:35 pm

You can get B2 in Holland and Barretts very easily if anyone is struggling with chemists having to order it in. It seems to help me a bit. I take it first thing in morning and last thing at night as well as with meals if I remember. I take it before any charcoal.
Ellie Girl

PreviousNext

Return to treatment