Water kefir

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Water kefir

Postby kittycat » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:14 pm

I've been reading up on this probiotic drink, and have just ordered the grains needed to make it. Bit of a palaver! But seems to be just what we need, especially the IBS/Crohn's sufferers, and even recommended for candida, although it contains yeasts. 'Good' yeast I suppose? If anyone has any tips on how to look after the creatures can you share? Also I'd like to know if the probiotics in it will interfere with the (excellent :D ) but expensive, VSL#3 I'm now taking? Maybe I should have posted before I bought, and everyone but me knows it's hokum? kkx
kittycat

Re: Water kefir

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:09 pm

Hi Kittycat
How is it going with the VSL3s? I am in the middle of a two week course of antibiotics and was going to start them at the end.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby kittycat » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Hi sk, I'd recommend them. I bought 12 pkts so didn't pay postage and have taken one daily for about a week. My stomach feels settled and I usually have oily fish once a week, and can smell it on my hands for a couple of days after, but it was very faint after the VSL3. I take it in rice milk, washed down with water, and it tastes quite nice too. Good luck with the antis, love kkx
kittycat

Postby flower » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:05 pm

Hi KK,

I also take VSL#3 everyday and it seems okay...Thanks for the advice...

What is in kefir ? The father of my husband drinks everyday water with lemons and....I think he drinks it often.
I think it is also kefir....

Flower
flower

Postby kittycat » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:29 pm

Hi flower....They are 'grains' that are put in sugar water which turn into a probiotic drink. There's a milk type as well, but we would be better with the water type, and the probiotic eats the sugar, so the drink doesn't contain sugar. You strain it off and start again with the same grains which multiply. There's lots on the net about it and recipes being demonstrated by devotees on YouTube. Some of them use lemon as well, so I'd be interested in what your father-in-law has to say about it. love kittyx
kittycat

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:09 pm

Thanks Kittycat
Thats good thought they would make a big difference, think my odour is bad again at the moment.
Well worth the money in my book.
Skx
SmellyKelly2

Postby kittycat » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:53 pm

Sorry to hear that sk :cry: Do you think it's a bad gut flora increase, or the job stress making you do nervous sweating?... Also, did the CT help?..love kittyx
kittycat

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:58 am

Hi Kittycat
I think a bit of both. The job was doing my head in a bit I was working 7 days instead of 1 day!
But now finally kicking back a bit. Still very greatful to be working from home.
I think as you have said before the probiotics are the answer. I can pin point a really bad stomach bug that never completely went with in a couple of months of things getting so bad.
In addition,many antibiotics for the water works prior to that did not help me either.
Still keeping a positive mind, looking forward to getting started on those VSL3s.
How long before you noticed a difference? The low choline diet is definately not enough for me.
SKx
SmellyKelly2

Postby kittycat » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:59 pm

I don't want to raise your hopes too high sk, because the low choline diet and Multibionta probiotics helped me, more than they seem to help you, right from the start. My instincts are that raging hormones are affecting your health, but VSL have been tested and recommended, so 2 daily sachets after your antis are going to restore the beneficial gut flora fairly quickly.
The kefir grains arrived today so the probiotic drink will be ready in a few days. I need mineral water, dried fruit and lemons to start it off. It's got different probios than VSL so I'll drink the kefir in the morning and take VSL before bed, and hope they don't kill each other! Just to be careful of that, I'm going to ferment it for a short time and drink it weak, and build up slowly. I hope it's not quackery, I'll let you know either way...love kittyx
kittycat

Postby kittycat » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:20 pm

sk, I meant to ask if you tried the Bionutri Ecobalance? kkx
kittycat

Next

Return to treatment