antidepressants????????????

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

antidepressants????????????

Postby stinky17 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:50 pm

just wondering if any 1 suffering with tmau has taken antidepressants b4??????????

my doctor gave me some but i darmt take them incase they make me smell!!!
stinky17

Re: antidepressants????????????

Postby kittycat » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:18 pm

What ones did you try stinky? I'm on Prozac, which def stopped the stink-bombs, but may well contribute to me continuing to smell despite being on the diet, probiotics and possibly 'diminished' tmau2. It's a mystery....Kx
kittycat

Postby stinky17 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:21 pm

hi thanks 4 the reply she gave me citalopram but i darnt take them incase i start stinking all the time again my main problem is my breath u c n they can cause dry mouth. so do u think prosac make u smell then? x
stinky17

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:48 pm

Hi Smelly/Kittycat
I keep thinking about St Johns Wort as good for depression do not know how strong it smells though?
Has anyone on this site tied it.
Had a really bad week doing my uncles work and felt really down.
I find with this illness thinks get to me as each day can be a struggle without a bad day relating to work on top!
SKx
SmellyKelly2

Postby stinky17 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:53 pm

hi sk, no never tried it only thing i dare take is paracetomol lol n thats only if i really have 2 but just lately everything n the tmau has really got me down n the doctor gave me antidepressants but i darnt take them especially now kittykat thinks shes smells all the time with taking prosac even with the diet n antibiotics.....ill google st johns worts tho thank u x
stinky17

Postby kittycat » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:22 pm

I don't want to put you off antidepressants if you're depressed. If you look under 'Oil' in Diet you'll see that I'm a bit fan of Prozac.... For myself..... but like most of us, I rely on smell feedback from strangers, as friends and relatives allegedly can't detect it..and it's very hard to know if the feedback is genuine, or partly paranoia, after recieving nasty reactions for 35 years. The last time I had a definite reaction was in Germany but was taking Nullo, so it may have been that. I know people who tried St J's Wort but found it ineffective and it can make your skin sensitive to sunlight.
I've said it before stinky, you did a good job on This Morning, but I agree with you that no one seems to have seen it... a concerted and prolonged media campaign is needed. Kx
kittycat

Postby stinky17 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:27 pm

im the same kity kat my family n close friends say they cant smell me but i know or think i know when i get reactions off people........i do think i need 2 take them but half the prblem off why im down is tmau n 2 make it worse will make me more down if u know what i mean lol n im starting a new job n dont want em 2 think im a minger!

do u think nullo makes u worse?????
xx
stinky17

Postby stinky17 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:44 pm

ahh kk ive just read subject oils lol so how long ago was it u thought some 1 said u smelt???.....it sounds as if the prosac made u better????.....without going in 2 detail my family seems abit like yours if u know wot i mean!!!! dont know wot 2 do! what do u do take n eat does it work??????

sorry if 2 many questions :lol:
stinky17

Postby kittycat » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:42 pm

Ask away stinky :D I think the prozac helped me in many ways. It stopped me dwelling on the past, and live in the now and the future. It cheered me up and returned me to the person I was before tmau (or whatever it is I have) took away my confidence and spontaneity. I stopped doing the nervous stink bombs and suffering terrible PMS, which added to my confidence, but the real problems were still hormonal so they didn't clear up until the menses stopped. Tho during that time, I was having heavy periods lasting up to 7 weeks until I was given progesterone, but after the first few days there seemed to be no odour. I know what you mean about families, they're not always ideal.(But we still love them :) A typical days food for me would be:
Half a chiabatta loaf with salt and best olive oil (I'm a piggy wiggy)
4 large mushrooms, grilled with light olive oil and seasoning with stir fry veg and turkey, fried til brown.
or jacket potato with mushrooms/ corn on the cob.
Or oily fish if I'm staying away from the gen. public for at least two days.
I find a large spagetti is ok with chopped tomatoes with mixed herbs or just with olive oil and little garlic.
I drink rice milk so don't overdo it by eating much rice but one of my locals does a lovely rice risotto.
If I worked office hours I would eat the tasty dodgy things on Fridays until Sunday Lunch and try not to be too bothered by passersby on the weekend. Cutting down on sugar and taking probiotics are crucial too. love kittyx
kittycat

Postby kittycat » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:01 pm

Also it's important to sweat out any tma in your system, so have a long hot bath (with Epsom salts)or game of tennis etc., on the Sunday eve (or a mini foot sauna TM) and a nice cool shower in the morning. Get some Bachs rescue Remedy to keep you calm and try not to panic or worry (says she, who used to shake with fear before a shift :roll: ) It would be nice if you could confide in someone at the new job, but life's not always like that. At least they'd know you're not just minging :lol: Try to assume that they'll like you, and people like you more if you show you like them too. Good luck, Kittyx
kittycat

Next

Return to treatment