Candida Supplements

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Candida Supplements

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:18 pm

About to start the anti candida/Tmau diet combined, not going to be easy.
My nutritional therapist had recommend to take Bionutri Ecoblance for 3 months.
This is a 4 pill a day supplement including probiotics and garlic 500mg.
I am about to take the antibiotics again and cannot decide whether to follow with VSL3 or chance the ones above.
But I am really worried that I will stink of garlic taking these.
Has anyone taken garlic tablets with 500mg a day and how did it go?
Thanks
SK
SmellyKelly2

Re: Candida Supplements

Postby smelly » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:26 pm

If you wont be about people much just do what they recommend, to the letter, why mess about when you're paying someone to help you? :lol: If you smell of garlic and can bare it , keep it up because you might come out the other end a lot better off....if you do it in a hit and miss way, like I have :lol: you never get any further forward...I abandoned a good routine I had set up because I had loads of social events, eating out of home, eating all the normal rubbish, set off my cravings , forgot to take supps at correct time - waste of effort grrrgrrrrrrrgggrrgrgr!!! Now Ive lost my confidence and am too scared to take the garlic supps in case odour increases and cant smell it. BUT, see my post under GARLIC / ALLICIN because you can take grapeseed extract and it does kind of simillar action to garlic. BUT if you have been given specific advice I would follow those if I were you. If its an experienced professional they will be up to date with recent medical trials/literature plus getting feedback from other patients success/failures.....good luck
smelly

Postby kittycat » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:35 pm

I thought I'd look up Bionutri Ecobalance ( probably cos I've just bought probiotics from h & b, now stored under the air-conditioner blowing out warm air. :cry: so wondering if I've wasted another £30 :( and tried Dr Mist and KNOW I've wasted my money :evil: )
Anyway.....they contain 10billion viable cells of L acidolphilus/L casiei/Bif. lactis so although they cost over £40 for 30 day supply, with the other ingredients, that is what you'd expect/be resigned to pay. The other ingredients are worth a wiki....
L glutamine/N-acetal glucosamine (crustacean shell :o )
cinnamon bark and oil (interesting)
caprylic acid
It's good to have our attention drawn to these other supps... thanks sk and good luck with the new antis...Kx
kittycat

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:45 am

Thanks Smelly and Kittycat for your replies. Thanks for your investigation Kittycat.
Interesting what is in it! crustacean shells I wonder is that as bad as actually eating shell fish or not because only the shell.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby smelly » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:59 pm

its interesting that the probiotic has caprylic acid in it - Im taking that because of its anti bacterial and candida/yeast/fungal properties. L glutamine thought to help in 'leaky gut syndrome' where you are thought to have molecules of food that shouldnt be able to get through intestine wall, do, allowing them into bloodstream. let us know if you give off a nice christmassy aroma from the cinnamon. :)
smelly

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:23 pm

Yes, probably will or a nice combination of that with garlic!
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby kittycat » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:28 pm

Ironic that garlic shrimps, followed by cinnamon muffins, would have the opposite effect :( Kx
kittycat

Return to treatment