Garlic/Allicin

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Re: Garlic/Allicin

Postby kittycat » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:22 pm

Thanks sk, it did help to hear your positive view. I'll give it a go before the hol... Does your doc give you the same antis every time, or will you try one of the others next time?
There's an interesting news report today on the dangers of giving children antis. It mentioned a gastro publication called Gut. Worth a google.... New Scientist mentions a new therapy for IBS/D, C. difficile etc that may help us...fecal transplants. Sounds yucky, but if it was a cure I think we'd all have it...? love kittyx
kittycat

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:57 pm

Kittycat
Glad to be of some help, I do not think that with my liver that I could have got my TMA so low otherwise.
The first ones I got where Metronidazole 400mg tds, I now have Doxycycline 100mg a day and will follow with Neomycin 500mg qds as advised by Dr Lachmann in his letter to my GP to rotate.
I will have a look at the gastro publication, it sounds interesting.
Will let you all know how I get on with the Doxycycline (not seen that in other info, might be a new one).
SKx
SmellyKelly2

Postby smelly » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:17 pm

update on garlic supplements....was getting a bit worried that taking these was adding to odour so stopped taking them and coincidentally?? started binging on sugar and wheat over the weekend? - cravings associated with candida overgrowth in gut.- maybe candida or wierd bacteria given a growth spurt when eased off garlic, so cravings went wild???

......kittycat since you say that the allicin has sulphur compounds, Im going to give the garlic supps a miss for a bit - or until someone who can smell themselves or knows about the chemisrty of these supps can give us a clue....

but think I'll keep up the 'good practice ' of taking milk thistle for liver support and taking grapeseed extract for anti bacterial, viral and fungal properties though (apparently studies showed it didnt reduce the main species of 'good' bacteria in gut? plus the liquid version I got at health food store can be added to shampoo for scalp etc (presume that will make skin there acidic whhich is what we want plus killing any smelly skin organisms that might be living there if our skin chemistry is causing wrong pH and so wrong organisms growing??? (notice my scalp smells even immediately after washing if use hairdryer)
smelly

Postby allterrain » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:26 pm

I read that the allicin has been effective when taken with 80 billion probiotics. However, I can't find 50/80 billion probiotics in Britain, only on the web. Does anyone know where I can get them? What are people using? Are they working?
allterrain

Postby kittycat » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:32 pm

You might find them in the probiotics threads allterrain
kittycat

Postby kittycat » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:51 pm

There was an interesting item on Countryfile/Tracks last week. A farmer is feeding his cows garlic infused hay, to combat the bacteria which make methane. Cows being partly responsible for global warming, with their high methane output levels :x ...A scientist has constructed a tent linked to a 'smell-o-meter' and has found that killing the stomach bacteria with the garlic has reduced the methane by 15%. The fact that garlic, and cinnamon, kills bacteria we know, but I'm never clear if it also kills the good bacteria we're all trying to encourage by taking probiotics...I wouldn't mind betting even scientists aren't sure...In the meantime I'm taking it all, and last week my diet went into a spiral(I ate an entire cheeseboard one evening :P ) and didn't have one comment the next day walking around a museum. My morning breath was def cabbagey fecal, but I've never had the indications that my breath is a room-clearing type problem..Hope you're all coping ok, love kittyx
kittycat

Postby smelly » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:50 pm

Kittycat, the tv in your house shows much better stuff than the onein ours :lol:
smelly

Postby kittycat » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:02 pm

:lol: Are you taking the p? :lol: You've lost control of the remote smelly!....Though 'im indoors sometimes picks it up without thinking...Unfortunately it never happens with the hoover....mower...iron... :roll: kcx
kittycat

Postby smelly » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:34 am

:lol:
smelly

Previous

Return to treatment