Garlic/Allicin

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Garlic/Allicin

Postby kittycat » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:53 pm

I thought this was worth a try after reading Bastet's interesting posts. I got Allicin Max from Boot's (3for2 offer) at £7.49 for 30, as I didn't want to chance the sulfur in garlic cloves. They advise one a day, but say that 10 a day can be taken safely. I'm increasing the dose gradually, but am taking 6 a day now. I started a cold just before taking them, the symptoms of which became mild, and is now almost gone, with no residule cough, which I usually have. Allicin's also thought to be good for reducing bad cholesterol in the blood.
Haven't had any 'feedback' situations yet, to tell if they work for odour control, but will let you know if I do :roll: Kx
kittycat

Re: Garlic/Allicin

Postby Bastet » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:22 pm

Hi Kittycat,

Let us know about your results, it will be interesting to know if other people get same results. Also remember that I use Allimax instead of the regular antibiotic, but as partt of TMA protocol like a low choline diet. It can be used daily to control the trimethylamine-causing bacteria overgrowth. You get a good price, I get mines for 35.00usd each including S&H (30 caps). I started with 2 caps per day with a snack or juice, 2-3 hrs before or after taking charcoal, because when I started with Allimax I was using charcoal, and I didn't want the charcoal to absorb the Allicin. The other day I went to my mother's house for the Holidays, and I ate regular pork, and have dessert and all the food we are not supposed to eat, besides I am in vacations and I don't have to go to school until 3 more weeks. Since I didn't have my other supplements with me, I used 6 Allimax pills with the meal, to my surprise I didn't notice no smell, people around me didn't complainted, so I guess I was fine. The only thing I noticed was an strong urine smell the day after in the morning, but no BO during the day. I was very intrigued of the results so I started to look for possible answers, then I found that one bacteria that produce Trimethylamine from choline and lecithin called Serratia Marcescens (gives food a fecal odor), which is controlled with strong antibiotics such Bactrim DS (double-strength), also other bacterias in the flora that are responsible are Escherichia coli. Also, I learned that Serratia Marcescens can overgrowth causing infections and a really strong fecal odor(garbage) also known as fish odor because it produces trimethylamine. I also think that it is very important to get our blood test to know for sure if the smell is a gene mutation or an overgrowth of this types of bacteria. Any how the allicin in garlic (Allimax) seems to control those bacterias and reduce the trimethylamine production with each meal. I also use Allimax to get rid of many other infections like tooth ache which usually the symptoms like inflamation and pain are gone within 24 hrs. The natural antibiotic of Allicin is a good and natural choice for those who don't want to use regular antibiotics for long periods of time. Allicin can be use daily without side effects, and it does not kill the good bacteria in the gut. Now I am doing some research on S-allylcysteine in garlic, whic is a super antioxidant through direct conjugation, it detoxifies many xenobiotics (foreign compounds) and carcinogens, both organic and inorganic, this includes trimethylamine. Hope this help to at least to control this disorder and keep the excessive trimethylamine at bay. I have contacted some scholars about trimethylaminuria, unfortunetly they are not aware of the many facets of the process, more investigation is needed. We know now that trimethylaminuria is caused by a faulty-erroneous gene (FMO3) and/or over growth in the bacteria that produce trimethylamine, but we don't know how other metabolic processes are related. Hope they do more research in many other aspects of the disorder.
Bastet

Postby flower » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:50 pm

It seems very positive
It can t be better...
A 'natural antibiotic'...
At least we can not be resistent I hope
and take it all the time when it works
I give it a try
Let you all know if it works for me...
Good job...all things what can help...can give us hope...
Nice Christmas present...
I hope it really works...
Thank for the research, Bastet !

Flower
flower

Postby smelly » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:11 pm

Bastet - RESPECT! :D
Last edited by smelly on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smelly

Postby kittycat » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:40 pm

Although the gastro Dr didn't think that allicin would help, I still think it's worth taking. We sufferers sometimes know more about this condition than they do. It's def worth a try if we feel a cold coming on, as it's not good for us to take 'normal' remedies. kx
kittycat

Postby smelly » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:08 pm

I dont understand - is allicin max just part of the garlic clove- leaving out the garlic smelling bits and sulphur bits? Because I always read in books that the bit that is antibacterial etc is the bit that gives the garlicy smell. And is the sulphur not in all of the garlic clove so it would be in this tablet as well? Does anyone know a lot about this garlic supp because Im keen to carry on taking garlic/allicin in some form (Ive been taking it for possible candida overgrowth intestines and like the idea of continuing for anti bacterial properties bastet and kittycat mention) but Im obviously worried about adding to my odour since I cant judge it myself.
smelly

Postby kittycat » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:15 am

I'm glad that you, and sk, asked about allimax. It made me look it up online, cos I've thrown the boxes away. I thought I'd read that it was just allicin with the sulphur taken out, but the website said that it contained 'allicin derived sulphur compounds.' I started taking 6 per day but got bored and ended up taking 2 x 180mg per day. I can't say if it's made me smell or not as I've mainly been decorating this week, so no 'feedback', but I did have a tin of mackerel and a wedge of cheese and went shopping two days later. Two Chinese ladies were on the same dress rail as me, and one of them did the sniffing and coughing, and murmured, and they both turned round and looked me straight in the face....It's another one of those occasions when you don't know if it's just paranoia, but I went into loads more shops and nothing else was said. I even got in amongst some over-excited teenagers in Boots, nothing.... I met my partner in the pub after, and told him. He cheered me up by saying.... ' Ooo can I smell gas, or is it me?!!'.... in his best monty python voice :lol: kx
kittycat

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:15 am

Thanks Kittycat thats interesting.
As my TMA is down now and I stil smell, the only way forward is to help with liver function.
Like candida and bad bacteria in the gut, as this is the area where the figures need to be better.
So I will probably go for the garlic tablets, as only working from home at the moment and will not inflict on an office.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby kittycat » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi sk
It's interesting that you've been advised to take probs AND garlic, maybe there IS something in it. Good luck with the antis. (test if they're working on those loud-mouthed shop-workers :twisted: ) I think I'd be inclined to take the VSL with those, and take the others later.... I don't want to be a downer, but I wonder if we ought to resign ourselves to the thought that we can only keep this condition to a minimum, until the cure...
We've booked a hol, it's photography and walking in the Scottish Isles and the hotel has a wonderful menu, but mainly fish... So I'll end up looking like a fussy eater, and we'll be travelling around in a mini bus, so while everyone else is having a lovely time, I'll be worrying and checking for reactions. Is, it, worth, it??
I don't know wether to chance taking antis before I go, and hope they'll help, or to leave my 'diminished' gut alone...Any opinions def appreciated :) Kittyx
kittycat

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:58 am

Hi Kittycat.
Yes, I had second thoughts and decided to do VSL3 followed by the rest (as safer).
I have started to resign myself to the fact that I am never going to not smell at all.
Its hard for me to remember what it was like not to smell.
If I had one wish to be granted it would be not to smell even for just one day. Then I would go out that day doing loads of things without a care in the world like others (never mind).

The holiday sounds really good, all that fresh air will be nice.
I know what you mean is it worth it, but we must enjoy our lifes (although not easy). I have the option to go to Spain or Portugal to stay to family property, but worried about the plane journey of 2 hours. Hope to brave it in a couple of months time.

In my experience I was much better after taking all the antibiotics and it lasted for at least 2 1/2 weeks from the end of the two week course. The reason I say this is I had alot less reactions during that time.
Have a great break
Hope this helps
SK
SmellyKelly2

Next

Return to treatment