Probiotics

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Probiotics

Postby Ellie Girl » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:49 am

What are the best daily probiotics people have found please? I've only been using the ones that come in my Lepicol mix but I think I need a higher concentration.

Thanks!

Ellie xx
Ellie Girl

Re: Probiotics

Postby smelly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:34 am

Lamberts are supposed to have been independantly tested and found to contain what they say at the concentration they say (which not all do)
smelly

Postby Maisie » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:51 pm

I put Lamberts Probiotics into Google and it came up with several different tablets. Which one is the best to take?
Maisie

Postby smelly » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:53 pm

pprobably the most epensive :lol:

I just bought once in bulk so Im not used to checking whats available, but if there are lots of types, you are probably paying for hwo many bugs, how many strains, how many tablets, if they have prebiotics in as well maybe, the ones I got just said had '10 million' which i presume is number bugs per tablet? i think someone said you can get in powder sachet form as well, bu tmin eare tablets. I think prob all brands are simillar, and on reflection rather then buyin gonline which i did for convenience, I would prob get from health food shuop next time so I know they are genuine and have been stored properly - they are bugs which die about 20 degrees or something so if someone on amazon is storing them in a sunny hot room during summer???!! :lol:
smelly

Postby kittycat » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:38 pm

I went to a local health shop to get some, and they were on a shelf above a portable heater! I got the h & b ones that day. I've been taking twice the advised dose and also take one multibionta brand a day. They're the ones I've been taking for 7 years and they contain vits as well. They're stableized too, so not such temperamental show ponies as the others. Having said that, they all die if taken with a hot or acidic drink, or other supps or drugs. Kx
kittycat

Postby kittycat » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:25 pm

Sorry, should have said that I increased the probiotics gradually, and have no underlying digestion problems (caste iron stomach) so not suggesting these doses for anyone else. It's just what I'm taking at the mo. love kittyx
kittycat

Postby Lisa » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:57 pm

Anyone tried Culturelle p/biotics? They are veg based, dairy and gluten free. Or Optibac?
Lisa

Postby allterrain » Sun May 29, 2011 6:42 pm

I read on the Yahoo site that 50 or even 80 billion probiotics are the ones to get, off the net.
allterrain

Postby kittycat » Mon May 30, 2011 3:50 pm

I'm getting to the end of my VSL and have two part used jars in the fridge. H & B Probiotic Acidolphilus 3 billion and Quest Acidolphilus Plus 2 billion. As they'd been in the fridge for some months I almost threw them away, but then read that if you empty the caps into some milk for a couple of days, and they turn into yogurt, they're still viable. Mine turned, so hopefully ok...As I've been successful with the VSL at 450 billion I'll go back to them when these are finished, we're fighting TRILLIONS of bad bacteria after all.
How are you allterrain? As a bloke with a mountain bike, do you manage to stay off the steaks? kcxx
kittycat

Postby smelly » Mon May 30, 2011 7:57 pm

nice tip for checking if probiotics still alive. I was just about to throw my out of date ones out but wont now :)
smelly

Next

Return to treatment