anti depressants

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

anti depressants

Postby smelly » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:33 pm

After some good advice on this site I have decided to bite the bullet and try to get my hands on some drugs 8-) . Im too feart to get them on the streets (I've seen Taggart so I know the dangers) so I'll try my doc instead. If I get a good response I'll post here. Please chip in with good / bad experiences with different brands if you have tried them. Its nerve racking enough bringing up the subject with a doctor, but if we have some advice to give each other a nudge in the right direction, it makes it a bit easier. I probably wouldnt have had the guts to think about approaching the doctor if kittycat hadnt said she had had some success using it, so thank you kittycat :mrgreen: (kittycat put some good info under OILS/DIET about how she found it helped her with the odour - we were talking about oils in diet to help with mood - there was a logical thread to it!)
smelly

Re: anti depressants

Postby kittycat » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:53 pm

I found a thread today which opined that anyone thinking they might be lacking serotonin should try tryptophan, before they resorted to prozac. Kx
kittycat

Postby kittycat » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:36 pm

Weight gain is a known side effect of prozac..... I did try to send smelly a supportive personal message but it's blocked.... Greta Garbo!!!! Kx
kittycat

Postby smelly » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:36 pm

I think that only works if you naturally put on weight, like if you are normal and get stressed you comfort eat and put on weight, but if you are me, you get stressed and the weight drops off overnight! Same with the pill which i probably originally took in the hope it would beef me up a bit!

Sorry about the blocked emails. Nothing personal, just i use my work email for private emails as well, so i try to really limit what I use it for. I got a bit of a frightner one day when I opened an email with a header in enormous typeface saying something like 'fellow body odour sufferer ' or simillar, which I think was sent in response to a donation Id sent to the bloodbornebodyodour...site. The room was packed full of people and the computer was crashing so wouldnt repond to my repeated request to minimize, close window, anything, just get off the screen!!!! :shock:
smelly

Postby kittycat » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:09 pm

:lol: That image of you is one I'll file away, along with Caliban and the salesman hiding his chair when he went on holiday, and will be written into my TMAU- The Office. spin-off :lol: Kx
kittycat

Postby stinky17 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:26 pm

hi smelly did u try any?
stinky17

Postby smelly » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:42 pm

Hi stinky17,

sorry for delayed reply but Im not on computer much these days - find it a bit depressing looking up all the medical stuff so giving myself a holiday from it all and feeling much better for it. But about the anti depressants - I tried the usuals and didnt feel any benefit at all then was given something that acts like more of a sleeping pill for me - begins with a M havent got packet handy sorry - and I am sleeping straight through night for first time since a kid and have energy back to do hobbies etc - hence why not on computer much! Dont recommend this brand to normal people though because it piles on the weight - hasnt on me because Im not normal! but even I notice Im a slight bit bigger round the gut area. So if you are like me and have a strong mind to deal with things on your own, but are finding yourself tearful and weak during the day because you feel exhausted through lack of sleep, maybe go more the sleeping pill route rather than straight anti - depressants? I had avoided them because they are supposed to be very addictive and gp was already talking about getting me off them before Id even been on them a month, but I found it useful to find out that, for me, Im prob not missing the serotonin but was more lacking sleep!

Good luck whatever you try. And hi to all regulars and newcomers, Im just reading all posts Ive missed while 'on holiday!' before I go on my next 'holiday'...xxx
smelly

Postby stinky17 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:35 am

hi smelly thanks 4 replying, i tried the anti-depressants 4 4days but the i started having cbt theropy so stoped the tablets so id know which was working n thought if i still feel the same after the cbt ill go back on them but 2 tell u the truth ive only had 2 sessions n feel loads better cause its the tmau that gets me down thats all so im learning 2 deal with that n i think ill be ok.

hope u have a nice holiday x x
stinky17

Postby smelly » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:58 pm

stinky17, i think you're spot on ;) :)
smelly

Return to treatment