Response to Treatment

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Re: Response to Treatment-what works for me

Postby Bastet » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:17 pm

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum, but have read many of your post for some time. Thanks to all for your postings, information, and support! I am also taking the treatment for some time now, I was diagnosed positive TMAU a year ago. Like you mentioned, antibiotics are not good at all, specially when we have to take them continuously. Like you all know antibiotics help a lot to diminish the foul smell, by reducing the anaerobic bacteria that produces trimethylamine in the gut. Our treatment suggest to take antibiotics (I was using amoxicillin) for some periods of time, specially during strong odor episodes. Because antibiotics were basically killing me, I started using Garlic, a natural antibiotic. Since it is difficult for some people to take raw garlic without chewing, otherwise the antibiotics capacity of the garlic (Allicin) is lost, the saliva kills most of it, I am using Allimax 3-4 days per week, every week. Now I don't have problems with antibiotics and the probiotics, because Garlic (allicin) doesn't kill the good bacteria in the gut, but I also use probiotics (1 cap) every day like Align have helped alot. Besides this and the treatment using charcoal, B2, chlorophyllin, etc., I use1 squeeze lime x3 day, every day, one in the morning before eating, one in the afternoon, and one before bed. So far with a diet low in choline (I eat red and white meat but a tiny portion per day), I am odor free, and no one complains about my odor like before, specially when I take my kids to practice Karate, were everybody sits right next to each other. Before, people were coughing and/or starring at me with fishy eyes (you know what I meant). My “aroma” fluctuates in intensity and different odors, depending the stress, and diet, but now it is under control. I also noticed that my urine doesn't smell at all, when before it always have like an ammonia-fishy smell, very strong. I have tried with lemon before without the same results (don't know why?). Allicin is very strong like penicillin, but without the side effects, for me is miraculous in combination with the lime. I also take 5-6 pills 75mg each of Champex after the main meal everyday. I am a medical student, and I am doing some research on my own about TMAU, I will post my new “theory” soon, so I can have some feedback and ideas from you. Like everything, always ask your doctor about any new natural supplement you want to use, even when they are natural doesn't mean they cannot interact with other medicament you may be taking or you may be allergic to. Even when we are all different and we may have different types of TMAU, if people post what they are using with good results we can be able to manage this disorder until science finds a cure, or at least a good treatment that works for all. Allicin (in raw garlic) can be an alternative for those that cannot bear taking regular antibiotics frequently.
Bastet

Re: Response to Treatment

Postby kittycat » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:35 pm

Wow, a big welcome to you Bastet! How lucky we are to have a med student with a personal interest in Tmau. There is a god! Sorry to sound callous about your suffering, but by the law of averages, we should have someone who may help the members of this forum, who are suffering greatly. Funny, but Radio 4 had a short piece the other day about Pasteur(?) using garlic on gangrenous limbs in WW1, but as we are not allowed it on the diet it didn't occur to me it may help us. But the supps are ok then? What does the lime juice do please? I've been taking cider vinegar with Maluka honey in Rooibos tea (tastes nice, and refreshing) as it occured to me that it may reduce the alkali in the system, and be a natural antibiotic. Stopped a few coffees, if nothing else ;) Also, I remember researching garlic as a aid to lowering cholesterol. You've got me thinking now...thank-you for the post. love from kittycatx
kittycat

Postby Bastet » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:01 pm

Nice to meet you Kittycat. I love your many post! Well I tried lemon in the past because it help the liver to flush toxins and makes it works better. But I tried and because of the taste I fail to continue the treatment. Now I use limes which taste better, I also put 1 pack of Splenda (sugar substitute). What I noticed is that the lime juice reduce the odor almost inmmediately from 10-15 min of drinking a 16-18 oz glass with 1 lime. I learned to noticed my smell by watching my body. When I smell I feel tired, sometimes I cannot stand the smell, is kind of heavy, this is because the base of trimethylamine which is very volatil. That is why people around get allergic reactions to it, and many people can smell it at a long distance. Now when I started taking limes in water, I went trough a detoxification process, and also my smell increased. After two weeks I started noticing the difference, and after a month it controls and diminish the odor. With the use of a good hygiene I am able to mask the remaining traces, like using Pureayre in my body, clothes, and hair. Now I also noticed that antibiotics help alot, but because I cannot take them for long, I decided to use Garlic (Allicin), and it have works wonders, now at first my smell was strong, then started to diminish. Now it seems it is under control because I feel clean, I don't feel heavy and dirty like before, and people approach me, I don't see people touching their nose or coughing which I think is good. I started this natural treatment about 2 1/2 mo. I started seen results in days, but odor free after almost 2 mo. I also take Champex, now I take 5-6 pills w every meal, and when I started I was taking 7 pills with every meal. I also take Fulvic acid, Iodine, and B2 to help the metabolism to work at its max. To be honest, I cannot undertake a strict diet for long time, besides is not healthy, What I do is because I study in the morning, during the morning I take my lemonade water, eat something light like a fruit salad pears, apples, pineaple with a piece of mozarella cheese, and in the afternoon I make my juice at school, and eat light again, I like a little of pasta with marinara sauce and a fruit. When I get home I eat rice, small piece of meat, preferable chicken breast, with a salad with olive oil and sometimes put raw garlic in the salad, and diet soda no caffeine with 0.0mg choline. garlic helps to kill the bad bacteria from developing in the gut. As an experiment If you place garlic in any food, garlic conservates food from putrefaction, even after 3 days of been outside, the food doesn't smell bad, but have a garliky smell, I prefer the garlic smell which I can mask than trimethylamine. Lime makes your gut very alkanile and hard for anaerobic bacteria to live in. Remeber that this type of bacteria reproduces very quickly in hours, that is why the importance to continously flushing the toxings from your body with lime and killing the excessive amounts with Allicin as antibiotic. It is the same treatment doctors prescribed: flusing the toxings, take supplements to attach the smelly molecules in the gut before entering into your blood stream, and antibiotics to diminish the bad bacteria. With garlic (Allicin) as antibiotic, I can used almost every day, and every week. For people that doesn't like to eat garlic or may be allergic (which is very rare), they can crush the raw garlic and mixed it with olive oil, wait 15-20 minutes and place the paste in the plant of their bare foots, cover with some chloth before bed, then wash it in the morning. Do this for 7-10 days, and it will detoxify your whole system, specially the lungs, where trimethylamine is also acumulated and expelled by respiration.
Bastet

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:12 pm

Welcome Bastet.
Thanks for sharing all this useful info with us, I will give the limes a try (along with candida/tmau diet/protocol).
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby kittycat » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:56 pm

I'm going to try lime juice, garlic supps, Pureayre and Dr Mist. Thanks for reminding me of those Bastet, and for the stirring posts! Then I'll have a lovely Christmas with pate and port and Stilton and go into my local wetherspoons, get right in amongst the roofers and tilers, and kick my boots off!... I'll let you know ...:lol: kc x
kittycat

Postby lyndsey » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:03 am

Oh Kittycat

Hope you enjoy your day in wetherspoons lol merry xmas and hope you keeping fine oh I have missed the laugh you give me.

Bigs hugs to you

Lyndsey x
lyndsey

Postby lyndsey » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:08 am

Thanks Bastet for all that information its great to have a med student on here look forward to your theory on tmau. I going to do Kittycats foot sauna with garlic and olive oil tonight this is great.

Lyndsey x
lyndsey

Postby kittycat » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:21 pm

Hi Lynds
Sorry about the incidents on the plane, I told my partner and bro what happened and they were both shattered for you. :( :( Plane travel is nightmarish at the best of times, trains can be easier, but boats are the best. You can keep/move away from people like that, without drawing unwanted attention. I hope you and your daughter had a lovely time, and that's what you remember the most. I hope you and your family have a peaceful, happy and delicious Christmas, love kittyx
kittycat

Postby smelly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:24 am

Ive been eating a lot of cooked garlic and trying to swallow a chopped up raw garlic clove (swallow dont chew!) and drinkinng water with slice lemon for a month or two, as part of anti candida diet, and dont know if its made the body odour better or worse for others but I prefer it because my food now tastes nice!
smelly

Postby smelly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:28 am

Bastet, whats your thinking on whether the garlic gets right to furthest end of intestines (anti candida books always say to take supplements that are time -released so fungus right at end of guts get killed)???
smelly

PreviousNext

Return to treatment