Response to Treatment

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Response to Treatment

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi All
I have been on the low choline diet for some months, which helped a lot with charcoal tablets.
I then took the antibiotics met... 3 x a day for over 2 weeks.
This seemed to cause me a lot of gas which I do not usually get at all.
I then followed with boots digestive health prebiotics and probiotics.
I then started taking 2 x body mint and 1 vitamin B2 with the prebiotics and probiotics.
From friday until today I have suffered with a really bad stomach, like I now have more bad bacteria then good.
Felt terrible on Saturday as if I picked up some gastric bug.
Has anyone else had this experience after taking the antibiotics?
Thanks
SK
SmellyKelly2

Re: Response to Treatment

Postby Lisa » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:00 pm

Hi Kelly2, The a/b you had, I've also had, upset my tummy alot, same as B2, Nullo, and charcoal. Have stopped taking everything now for a week or more, still have upset tummy, n gurgling like you wouldn't believe. Am starting course of Neomycin, wish me luck.x
Lisa

Postby Lisa » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:33 am

Also, I rang the nurse when I took these a/b coz I felt so ill, she said these type do make you feel ill, sick, dizzy etc. Keep on with them, you'll feel better after.x
Lisa

Postby kittycat » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:15 am

I wish you both success with the treatment but wonder why docs seem to prescribe (the one which makes people sick) first and not the other two? Also I think smelly was right when she said it's worth re-mortgaging and getting the big boy probiotics.Kx
kittycat

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:15 pm

Thanks Lisa and Kittycat.
The antibiotics made me feel sick too, its mad that we have to feel so ill to try to smell better for others.
I found it difficult to eat with the antibiotics, but had too as feel that I would have lost too much weight otherwise.
I agree that the answer must be the best probiotics possible to make a difference.
Has anyone tried the VSL3 or something like that, which are supposed to be really good?
Think I will try these next time.
Lisa hope this does of antibiotics works well for you.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby kittycat » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:46 pm

I looked up VSL3 and was impressed, they're expensive but that includes being posted in a freezer pack, so they take it seriously. :geek: Can't remember if they did caps as well as the powder tho. This morning I felt a pang of sympathy for 'S?' from Optibac, and they now do one with 20billion thingies!! They're cheaper and are sold in Epsom so I'll try them when I finish the Jarrow ones. Am I the only person not to 'lose too much weight' with this disease??? Love, fattycat x .........Hope the pills are working and not making you sick Lisa. Kx
kittycat

Postby smelly » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:55 pm

I read about VSL3 on american sites years ago but couldnt find where to buy them at the time. Thanks for bringing the name up because I remember Maria from bloodborne / curezone sayingthat she experimented with putting probiotic on tongue to try and reduce coating on tongue/ odour from mouth and I was wanting to try that myself but couldnt work oout whether i was meant to break open the capsule or what! She must have used these sachets of powder so I'll maybe try that when I run out of these capsules. Apparently lamberts make of probiotics have been independantly tested and found to contain number of living bugs thay says on packet. I hav eheard jarrow mentioned as good quality supplement seller also.

yes i have 'lost too much weight' on this TMAU protocol as well and didnt have it to lose to begin with ! I thought it was maybe the overgrowth of bacteria in small intestine causing it, they were eating food before i got to have a go in large intestine! (got idea from Mark Pimentels 'A new IBS solution' , if you want to read about bacteria overgrowth probiotics etc.)

i am so jealous of you fattycat :mrgreen: I look ill in a 'i shoot up with dirty needles and dont wash' sort of way. Not good when you have a body odour problem. Being too thin always look self inflicted, boohoo :oops: :lol:
smelly

Postby Lisa » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:38 pm

Hello all, Just readingback, like you Smelly, I've lost weight, and it doesnt look good, I look gaunt, I've always been slim, but now I look really old with it too. :cry: . Halfway thru my Neomycin sulphate, and boy is it hard going, thought the other a/b were bad, but these are worse, wishy washy feeling in my tummy, and constant trips to the loo, and nausea. :roll: . But, hopefully it's doing some good.
Lisa

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:50 pm

Lisa
Keep with it and I am sure things will improve for you (its not easy though).
I had the worst gastric stomach a week and a half after the antbiotics, along with the other supplements.
I could not work out if I had a bug, food poisioning or if it was the treatment, I was so bad.
However, this week I am much better and I have noticed my tongue is a really healthy red colour.
I have not seen this in a long time, I usually have a horrible coating on the back of my tongue.
So I think things are gradually really improving for me.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby kittycat » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:56 pm

smelly, I bet you couldn't find anyone else who would recognise your own self image. Tho with your 'shooting up with dirty needles and don't wash' image I can only say 'You've got the London Look!'. Rehash the old Biba back catalogue and get along to miss selfridge dear! 8-) Perhaps I was lucky not knowing about this diet, at least I was eating 3 portions of oily fish a week and savoy cabbage etc., whilst wafting all and sundry with dead coley! :oops: so although I was a skinny nervous wreck, and being accused of bulimia/anorexia, I did feel and look healthy.
I was looking forward to getting the antis and being 'cured' but unless someone posts something positive soon, I won't bother. Upset stomachs for me means cystisis, fainting and more, I'll just have to pong!.. size14cat x
kittycat

Next

Return to treatment