ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Re: ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE

Postby lyndsey » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:26 pm

Hi Kittycat

Thanks for that info keep for future reference(hope I dont need them) but since doing candida diet havent suffered from thrushxxx

Take care

Lyndsey
lyndsey

Postby smelly » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:27 pm

got a book from library about candida. Saying all the right things, like feeling drunk after eating pasta, because candida secretes alcohol type substance into your body, and how fruit/sugar is a problem . Ive never had anyone medical acknowledge fruit / sugar being aproblem for any digestive/metabolic condition but it definately is for me.

ooooo, this is fitting in with the biofilm theory of yeast and bacteria forming a gunky mess where they help each other stay alive in our guts despite our best efforts to blast them out of there with antibiotics etc.
smelly

Postby lyndsey » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:52 pm

I no medical profession dont recognise it but William Crook was a doctor who wrote yeast connection and alot of research papers included in his book. He stated medical profession simply not recognising it and called it the tomato effect. The diet is hard at times but sugar was def a big thing for me too. I am still having odour problems and been on diet now for five months but other than the odd slip I am determined to keep going as I feel that eventually Ill get there. If you decide to cut out sugar after about ten days I had like a shaky feeling and as if I was going to pass out I just ate chocolate and it went away. So please make sure if you get that just give your body some sugar then go back to being good. Tesco also sell a St DALFORT sugar free jam thats nice and you re allowed. I also started eating fruit after about a month on diet. Good luck.

Take care

Lyndsey
lyndsey

Postby lyndsey » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:47 pm

Herbalist also told me brazil nuts good for balancing blood sugars although probably not allowed on low choline diet porridge also really good for balancing hormones.
lyndsey

Postby lyndsey » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:59 pm

Hi everyone

Just thought I would let to know how I got on at herbalist today. Ecoli away candida still away yeah! Herbalist asked well how have you been said this odour is has def been worse. She said good good means it is working said the body may take time to rid of the odour. I took what supplements I am taking and chorophyll which I had discontinued down with me as she is kinelogist to see if they are right for my body. Pribiotics is good said need to take these for the rest of my life because of stomach. But it was a no no for chorophyll and no no to zinc magnesium and vit B6. Out of the 10 herbs you get mixed one was for my lungs, two for stress one linked to hormones and the other seven for odour control linked to metabolism, lymph system and blood purifier. Have to go back to her in four months told to keep healthy eating, have sugar the odd time and plenty of exercise to finally rid the body of the toxins and reduce stress. (Calcium and essential fatty acids included in this herbs)I am fine with this as my eating habits have changed dramatically know and know I had to reduce stress. Think I will give yoga ago as well as meditation. I knew I was on my road to recovery slowly but surely although have broke diet at times but am def keeping out foods body cannot tolerate, all I can say everyone whatever way you are being treated whether conventional, alternative or both please keep going even it is extremely difficult because we will all get there in the end. Let you know how I get on and let me know how yous are getting on too.

After idealists dream I wanted to read up on Chiron however was directed instead to a holistic shop on the internet was drawn to a crystal bracelet that knew must have been meant for me. It was £1.20 it arrived yesterday and has four different crystals and was shocked to read in times of stress to bring calm, love, clarity and purpose, to be more connected to higher self, build self esteem and be protected against negative energy. I couldnt believe it will shouldnt say that because I can and do. Idealist and Sk thanks for all the reminders that I needed to be more connected to my spiritual path and nobody hopes more that all the wonderful people on this website have courage and strength to keep digging deep that we will soon fully start really living again whatever thats means to each of us.

Lyndsey xxxxx
lyndsey

Postby kittycat » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:11 pm

Hi Lyndsey, it's good to hear that the herbs are working, they're potent aren't they....I thought I'd found a good book on the subject in a charity book shop, but it was too simple. Might have a look in the library.. I've never been to a herbalist, what tests do they do to tell what you are suffering from? I saw someone having drops put on the arm in a health shop once, but didn't like to stare. I hope you're getting on well with your course and you've found some colleagues on your wave-length. Love kittyx
kittycat

Postby lyndsey » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:07 am

Hi Kittycat

Have been reading your posts and making me laugh as usual. Kittycat this herbalist was recommended to my daughter who was having probs with periods and couldnt find out why. She was told that her pitituary gland wasnt functioning properly and not sending right message to her ovaries (sorry all you men) since she went her periods have been normal for first time in her life. She is a master herbalist, was a nurse and also trained in acupuncture and kinesiology. Firstly tell her your symptoms and any medication you are on then she holds things to your body and then she is able to tell what is not functioning properly in your body, she then picks about 30 herbs which is associated with whatever she has found and because she is trained in kinesiology she holds sample of herb to your arm and its whatever way your muscle flexes react tell her if your body needs it, it is all pretty amazing. She then does acpuncture in hands and head while she goes of to mix herbs you are usually there for about a hour. She charges £35 for consultation then £44 for two bottle of herbs if they are required.

Kittycat I have great faith in her as she is very caring and feel she really wants to help, shes like you get a good laugh with her as well. Work was fine today was only there for half a day, and was wearing my new bracelet lol to protect from any negative reactions. Hope you out in the garden being your usual creative self Kittycat.

Love Lyndsey xxxx
lyndsey

Postby lyndsey » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:16 am

Kittycat if you ever decide to visit one hope there is a good one in your area and if not and feel like a jaunt over to Northern Ireland you are very welcome to stay at mine. It takes about four months to get an appointment with her though.

Lyndsey xxxx
lyndsey

Postby idealist » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:01 pm

This is the first time I have seen the "ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE" as a subject. Oh well I have found it now. Lyndsey, are you given up fruit as well? Interesting that your herbalist said no no to chorophyll and zinc, magnesium. Tried all but had really bad pain and feelings of wanting to be sick. However it confirmed that something is up with my stomach area.

funny that you are talking about bracelets, two weeks after I started mentioning chakras, I saw charka bracelets in an article on the daily mail online, 'Cheryl Cole' wearing one was the headline lol. Anyway I thought it was a bit of a fad but looked up the designer and realised there was a message behind why he had designed it. They were a little to expensive and the one I liked was sold out.

I recently went up to Greenwich market to get a tiger eye gem stone and I walked past a shop that was selling the same chakra bracelets only at a much cheaper price and they had the solar plexus one in stock. I did not buy one but maybe I might go back.
I hope your bracelet brings you some comfort. I would not concentrate on looking to deeply into Chiron (it is to surreal for me, there are many books about healing and Chiron but can be very expensive). Just know that the meaning of the wounded healer relates to you and using alternative healing (which you are doing) and accepting yourself can help. Looking up the myth and astro meanings almost had me in tears; I had to stop reading any more info on it. Now I can see why I walked away from the old woman when she was trying to explain how to get there.

On another note I had a funny experience with my lecturer, he had sent me an email before term had started welcoming me to a "fresh term". I was convinced that this was a sinister comment and I avoided his class. He sent me another email about my course work which I still have not done. I called him, to explain, and we started talking about life and then he said, we should go for lunch and talk more lol. I ignored his comment but thought how funny is that.
idealist

Postby kittycat » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:24 pm

It's funny you mention Greenwich market Idealist, my partner went last summer on a Thursday and said it was 'right up my street'! I assumed it was full of shoe shops, but now realise what part of 'my street', it was 'up' 8-) Must get there soon...

That's a very lovely offer Lyndsey, but I'll keep my ears open for a local herbalist, as I'd need to go on a regular basis. I hope we meet one day tho. I often go to Liverpool 1, are you near the ferry port in Belfast? And I'm long overdue a trip to see my friends in Dublin....does the train go near you from there?
I was a bit worried that you wrote your posts at 4am :cry: doesn't suggest a good nights sleep....and the darkest hour is just before dawn? I hope you were ok...love kittyx
kittycat

PreviousNext

Return to treatment