ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE

Postby lyndsey » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:24 pm

Hi everyone

I just wanted to let you know that I have been back for my appointment to herbalist for check up I am completely candida free now yeah! However, now the candida is gone she was able to check for other things and I have E coli overgrowth in the body so I have to stay on a maintenance diet and return to her in January. I decided not to go down the medical route so I didnt get Tmau test although have all the symptoms but maybe I shouldnt be on this forum because I could be given conflicting advice although I have really appreciated all the support you have given and hope you dont mind if I still visit it to know how you all doing. I will understand if you feel its not appropriate as I have decided not to have test.

Take care everyone

Lyndsey x
lyndsey

Re: ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:18 pm

Lyndsey
I started the alternative route and saw a nutritional therapist.
She diagnosed medium/high candida and bad gut bacteria.
Unfortunately, a totally healthy diet made my TMAU go through the roof!
So I have now been on the low choline diet and got better to a point.
Hope to address the candida issue at a later date.
I did a liver detroxification profile test and my liver was on the floor in all areas!
I can only assume that this is part of having TMAU.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby Lisa » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:24 pm

Hi Girls, dont think me rude, but what is candida, and what are the syptoms? Dont know if its the same as what you have Lyndsey, but before I was diagnosed with TMAU, I would go to my GP complaining of smelly wee, sometimes he would do a test, and one time, (at band camp, lol), it came back with E-coli in, also blood. He said I was prone to wee infections, and gave me Trimethroprim, which cleared it up, and got rid of the smell.
Lisa

Postby lyndsey » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:38 pm

Hi girls

Lisa candida is a yeast overgrowth in your body and my symptoms were constant sinus problems, sugar cravings, thrush, bad breath and diagnosed with irritable bowel and when it got bad small skin dry skin over legs and bottom. I would have also taken bv but was never told what bacteria and doctors didnt know what caused it it was smell of wee. I was constantly prescribed canasten pessaries and metronizole or flagyl antibiotics when I asked why I kept taken this infections I was just told some people can be prone to them.

Kelly
Do you think I should have test the reason I decided not to is the yeast and sugar free diet have taken most of my symptoms away no sinus problems, no sugar cravings and bowel movements normal the only symptoms I have been left with is the odour (which has went through the roof) and anxiety. I also feel I have to start listening to my body as I have ate a lot of crap in my lifetime and what it is trying to tell me hence the emotional self healing book which is teaching me how to focus on my feelings and how they are affecting my body. Did you give up on the alternative route Kelly because of the odour. My herbalist explained it when candida / bacteria being killed mass of toxins let of which puts the liver pressure, so the skin tries to elimate hence the odour worse. With bacteria overgrowth and candida she stated that undigested food lies in the intestines and putrefies and lets off toxins but alot worse when trying to kill it.

lYNDSEY
lyndsey

Postby smelly » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:58 pm

this is very interesting for me. i have tested strongly positive for tmau. for years before this, i felt odour was made much worse by sugar and fruit and dairy. diagnosed with irritable bowel. cramping bloating etc. made better by avoiding foods above. now diagnosed with tmau and trying to avoid even more foods. nothing seems to remove breath / lungs odour (judging from others reactions.) i have been thinking my problem is maybe due to an imbalance / overgrowth of general gut flora, and antibiotics may encourage candida etc to overgrow more? i think it was on curezone body odour chat site there was mention of biofilms (look up on wilkipedia for an introduction.) i havent spent much time thinking about it because im over run with other things at the minute, so im just taking antibiotics, probiotics and diet and praying......but for anyone looking for more answers this might be someting else to look at. uk nhs doesnt want anything to do with the idea of candida growth in gut so anything you get done has to be done through alternative practitioners who are unregulated and can say / do anything they want so whatch yourselves!.....
smelly

Postby lyndsey » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:30 pm

Thanks for that info will def being doing more research on this and I agree have to be careful with some alternative medicine. If anybody does to go down that route may sure they are qualified and can someone recommend them. The one I have been attending used to be a nurse (so also has medical background) she is a master herbalist and acupuncture and kinesiology (this is a muscle flex to know exactly what your individual body needs) which i strongly agree with as our genetics/chemistry/ nutritional needs all differ but this has been working on alot of my symptoms so I intend to stick it with in the meantime and if it doesnt work will then consider the alternatives.
lyndsey

Postby smelly » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:42 pm

lyndsey,

Im really glad you have cleared up the candida. I fancy having a go at this as well so I'll look back at your posts and look online for ideas of foods to avoid and supplements to take.

I would prefer to have gone a more natural route for the TMAU, but I was so desperate to try the antibiotics to see if I could re-boot my digestive system. Unfortunately i dont think its done much good because Ive finished a course last week and that should mean Im as odour-free as Im going to get , but people have been letting me know its not working.

Thanks for letting us know about alternative routes, or even to try alongside the convensional treatments. :)
smelly

Postby lyndsey » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:49 am

Hi

If you think you have candida your right NHS dont want to know my doctor told if I had candida I would be seriously ill in hospital. If you suspect you may have it please get tested for it and William Crook book the yeast connection is very informative on diet and nutritional deficiencies. This part is important as we need to build our immune system when not getting proper nutrition from our food due the bowels not working properly.

I was told by my doctor to be careful about thinking of going to herbalist but she give me two months supply of pessaries even though she didnt think I had candida, it was after taking this that liver functioning came back abnormal Alt levels too high, when stopped liver functioning returned to normal, so this would agree with what herbalist stated that mass of toxins let off when killing it and then puts liver under pressure. Doctor also asked me last time I was there if yeast and sugar free diet was working on my thrush!

I hope your prayers are answered thats what I have been doing and believe I was directed to herbalist for a reason. My daughter was directed to her as she has been running to docs about problems for a few years now and wasnt getting anywhere thought something wrong with ovaries since she went to herbalist who informed her nothing wrong with ovaries pituatory gland problems her problems have been resolved. So I had to go to see her of course (lol)I will not lie and say this route is easy as I felt absolutely terrible the first few weeks of diet ad felt like given up as symptoms got worse, however stuck at it my skin nails etc are in better condition. Used to wake up in the night and odour in my bedroom, and odour of my hair these are gone. I believe slowly but surely Im on the road to recovery have been on herbs from Fri for bacteria overgrowth and I am staring to see a difference already in body odour yeah! Please keep praying I will say a wee prayer for you too and hope that puts you in right direction may it be the medical route alternative or both. Good luck and speak soon going to start my essay which have been putting of for days now (lol).
lyndsey

Postby smelly » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:56 pm

:D
smelly

Postby kittycat » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:59 pm

Reading this old posting reminded me that I used to suffer from pre-menstrual candida and got great relief from using pessaries made from tea tree or neem oil. I got them from a co. called House of Mistry 0207 794 0848 but don't know if they're still operating.Kx
kittycat

Next

Return to treatment