Activated Charcoal-Help!!!

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Activated Charcoal-Help!!!

Postby ani » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:18 pm

I start taking activated charcoal regularly about three weeks ago (three times a day- each time is 2 capsules for 560 mg), but the only problem I have is I get very bad constipation. Does anybody have the same problem like me? Thanks for all answers....
Long live and we thrive, GBU!!!
Ani
ani

Re: Activated Charcoal-Help!!!

Postby smelly » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:15 pm

I think constipation is supposed to make odour worse. Can anyone who can smell themselves clearly confirm this please? because I read this but cant say I have experienced it to back that statement up! I have read that some people who are prone to constipation take a mild laxative now and then to keep things moving so bacteria dont 'overgrow' again (too many smell producing bacteria= more smell).....I dont think its good to take laxatives on a regular basis though so maybe you would be better taking less charcoal? Probably dont want to take it every day anyway since its absorbing all the goodness form your food....
smelly

Postby ani » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:49 pm

Hi Smelly, thanks for the reply and advice, I guess you are right, I need to decrease my dosage. Charcoal itself is so wonderful, it absorbs all the odor and it really gives my self confidence back.
Thank you very much, and I hope all of us will get through this and make our journey of life as fortunate as someone else...
ani

Postby kittycat » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:21 am

Hi ani
Exercise and liquids are good for constipation, do you drink enough? Cranberry or apple juice is low choline if you like it.
Great that the charcoal works for you, at least you can take it for a rest from the symptoms. love kittycat
kittycat

Postby ani » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:52 am

@ Kittycat..
Hi Kitty thank you, yes I really hydrate myelf very well at least 1 liter of water everyday, but the exercise thing is hard work :)
I feel better now, the constipation is subside, and I would love to continue taking charcoal once or twice a week, it depends on my activities.Ok, I hope you have a blessed day. Love Ani...
ani

Postby kittycat » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:54 pm

I hope you have a blessed day as well ani, you sound so sweet :) Kx
kittycat

Postby Scarlett » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:53 am

I think this works to some degree, but I've got smelly feet prob so it might not help breath people. I put on old pair of cotton socks, then plastic bags held on with another pair of socks and go to bed. (Kind considerate partner ignores this). I assume it draws out toxins in the way the foot pads are supposed to do. Worth a go.
Scarlett
Scarlett

Return to treatment