Dr. Lachmann

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Re: Dr. Lachmann

Postby kittycat » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Thanks for the info Lisa. You must be so glad to have got this far :D let us all know how you get on with the antis. Like Shania I've always thought that all those antis sounds wrong, but I think there's other illnesses that are treated this way, so 'He' must know what he's doing. Don't have too much of what you fancy ! Love Kx
kittycat

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Lisa
Thanks for sharing the info with us, I now know what to expect.
It will be interesting to see how my liver responses to anibiotics, as from my tests I appear to be primary.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby Lisa » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:39 pm

shania12345 wrote:Antibiotics every 6 weeks????? Doesn't that seem a bit much for you guys? With all the talk about resistance to antiobiotics,if you ever got sick and needed to take antibiotics,they might not do anything for you because your being prescribed them every 6 weeks. Sounds like he's trying to cure TMAU with antibiotics. Think twice before you take them that often. JMHO

Shania

Different antibiotics everytime. Yes, you can build up rescilliance to them, but if thats what "the man" says will help me, then thats what I will do. Dont think me rude Shania, but it seems like everytime I make a comment, you disagree, I know we are all entitled to our own opinions, and thats fair enough, but dont knock me just because I'm doing as I've been told by a GP. What works for me might not work for others, we are each dealy with this differently, and trying to advise each other. Am I right in thinking you live in USA? If so, thats why we might do things differently over here. :D
Lisa

Postby Lisa » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:44 pm

kittycat wrote:Thanks for the info Lisa. You must be so glad to have got this far :D let us all know how you get on with the antis. Like Shania I've always thought that all those antis sounds wrong, but I think there's other illnesses that are treated this way, so 'He' must know what he's doing. Don't have too much of what you fancy ! Love Kx

Kittycat, everytime I have had a course of antibiotics, the wee smell goes completly, followed with the diet, it might be possible for me to lessen the breathe smell too. Atm, I'm willing to try anything that will help. I s'pose if I have to keep taking a/biotics on a regular basis, it might be reviewed every year? I dont know, but having peace of mind atm, is giving me great comfort, and the ability to pee freely. :lol: .x
Lisa

Postby lyndsey » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:03 pm

Hi Lisa

Glad to hear you maybe got secondary maybe be able to control it and you try anything that feels right to you and your body and thanks for informing us what it was like.

Take care

Lyndsey
lyndsey

Postby kittycat » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:11 pm

Lisa, You're a tiger when you're roused aren't you ! Can I just ask, did Dr L prescibe the same antis you had from your doc? And is it 1 week on, 5weeks off, or 6weeks on one type? Did he say he'd see you in a years time to see how you are?

Shania, If you're in the US, how do they treat sufferers over there?

Hopefully we'll hear how mercap's being treated in Sweden :D

All the best Kx
kittycat

Postby Lisa » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:26 pm

Kitty, yes, the same. Metronidazole, amoxicillin, and another one beginning with N, (lol), Nec- something. I took my first course, 3 aday, for a week, about 6wks later, the wee smeell came back, so had some amoxicillin, again, 3 aday for a week, smell went. Noticed smell again, so am due some more soon. So, about every 6 wks. Didnt say to come back in a year, just said if I wanted to see him again I could, or e-mail him. x
Lisa

Postby kittycat » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:44 pm

Thanks for that info. :) Wishing you well. Kx
kittycat

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:22 pm

Lisa
Can I just ask how long was your appointment in London with seeing Dr L and all the dietitians etc?
Thanks
Jackie
SmellyKelly2

Postby Lisa » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:08 pm

Hi Jackie, they allow you half an hour, the dietician sits in with you and Dr. L. I also had a German student in with them. I dont think it matters if you run over the time alittle, but it is very busy there, not just TMAU in the Basil clinic. It costs 40p for 6 mins on the parking meter, would recommend public transport. We booked into a travelodge at Kew Bridge for the night before, it's 9 miles away from the hospital, (which is next to Great Ormonds, useless fact there), and it took us an hour to get there, hate London. We arrived at half 7, my app. was'nt until 10:20, but good job we parked, as the spaces round the Square soon fill up. (No carparks anywhere). As soon as you walk in the Neurology hospital, turn right, and follow the sign for Basil clinic. Oh, before I forget, when you've been weighed etc, you will go and see him, he should ask for blood test, (deficencies I told you about), when you go back out and wait to be called for said blood test, dont forget to get a ticket, (in the waitng room), I did, and was waiting forever, thinking, why are all these people going in before me when I was first? Duuurrr, was sooo having a blonde day. Sorry if I have gone on abit, but I think if you know whats what, you will be alittle less nervous. x ;)
Lisa

PreviousNext

Return to treatment