ANTIBIOTICS

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Re: ANTIBIOTICS

Postby Lisa » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:25 pm

Exactly Kelly, have'nt a clue what I'm doing, nor has my GP. I tell him the smell is back, and he just dishes out the script.
Lisa

Postby smelly » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:30 pm

Lisa Id love to help but I cant smell this thing. I feel your frustration! Its the same as mine agggrrrrr!!!
smelly

Postby undiagnosed » Fri May 04, 2012 8:13 pm

Hello all,
Does anyone have an answer to part of the original question posed in this topic on what specific dosages are being prescribed to treat TMA-producing bacteria? I'm especially keen to know how much metronizadole was given to the patient whom Nigel Manning reported as having their symptoms cleared with one course.

I had a course of Metronizadole nearly 2 years ago that greatly reduced my odour inside of 4 days, to the point where I smelled like my old self again - I was unaware of TMAU at that time, and my symptoms were thought to be due to an infection of heliobacter in the skin, Sadly, the symptoms quickly returned after my 7 days' worth of tablets ended, and my body's refusal to stay cleared of odour was put down to a "susceptibility" for that infection. I'm hopeful that the correct dose over the right period of time, together with a low choline diet will prove more successful; but since TMAU2 is so rare, my GP hasn't had direct experience of it; he doesn't know how much is likely to be required, and documentation is somewhat thin on the ground.

The diet has been very effective so far. I still smell of ammonia up-close, but you can't smell me across the room anymore :)
So, is anyone here able to share info on milligrams and timescales?
undiagnosed

Postby smelly » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:00 pm

undiagnosed, maybe try the links on the main page where there are links to scientific papers and info about suggested treatment (at least there were on old site - havent got time tonight to check for you.) If I have it written down in an old diary somewher Ill try to remmeber to come back and post
smelly

Previous

Return to treatment