ANTIBIOTICS

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

ANTIBIOTICS

Postby alphablues » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:01 pm

hi there,
i am due to see dr lachman towards the end of this month, i have used antibiotics in the past but i would to know if anyone has used another antibiotic besides metronisadole on a long/short
term basis, if so at what dosage?, also has anyone taken more than one antibiotic at the same time with any success?
many thanks.
alphablues

Re: ANTIBIOTICS

Postby bigvern » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:13 pm

I have used metronidazole and neomycin but find amoxicillin the best for me as its easiest on my stomach.
I want through various options with my GP and started on low initial doses as I suffer from chrons disease as well.
I take them about once every couple of months or before an important social event, if anything its a pyschological rest fropm the worry of other people smelling you.
bigvern

Postby alphablues » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:23 am

many thanks for your reply, i have a fear of using metronisadole.
alphablues

Postby admin » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:34 pm

I have used metronidazole without any adverse effects - have you suffered with this one alphablues??
admin
Site Admin

Postby smelly » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:04 pm

hi everyone,

do any of you know the dose of antibiotics you are taking and how often? (Dr Lachmanns interview says he prescribes his patients 3 diferent antibiotics in rotation every 6-8 weeks? but he doesnt say the dose. and my Gp says he doesnt know what he will prescribe if my repeat test comes back positive.)

Also, did you have a urine test after antibiotics to see if they were having an effect, or just rely on whether you could detect areduction in smell? (because I dont really detect the odour and would find this difficult to judge.)

I will email dr Lachmann as well, but I appreciate he is really busy, and Im not a patient of his, so...

thanks all
smelly

Re: the one show

Postby alphablues » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:05 pm

hi , did anybody see the one show on bbc1 last friday 23/04/10 about the guy suffering fron tmau? i saw it myself .
alphablues

Postby magsie » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:09 am

I visited the GP & showed him my TMAU urine test results and he agreed to give me the prescription for antibiotics. He's given me metronizadole, I've been taking 2 a day for a week so far, and have not noticed a difference. I'm still really controlling my diet so have not been getting the huge 'stink bomb' odour problems, and
have not noticed other bad odours apart from my urine when I go to the toilet. The urine is still very smelly so
the antibiotics have not stopped that yet.
magsie

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:59 pm

Has anyone with severe TMAU had success with antibiotics?
Also, which ones?
Thanks
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby Lisa » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Kelly,
When I've taken a/biotics, my wee smell goes completly if thats any help?

To everyone,
Are you telling the doctor when the smell comes back? Is it then that he gives you your a/biotics? Thats what I've been doing, am I doing it wrong? Help! :?
Lisa

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:18 pm

Lisa
I think you need to be a bit careful about taking more antibiotics before seeing Dr Lachmann.
I sure he will give the best advice.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Next

Return to treatment