Counselling

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Counselling

Postby sweatybetty » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:35 am

Hello all

Has anyone had any counselling for dealing with TMAU? I don't mean genetic counselling rather counselling to help deal with the impact of TMAU on ones life?

If anyone has had counselling was the therapist familiar with TMAU and was the therapy helpful?
sweatybetty

Re: Counselling

Postby PoetFire » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:24 am

I think mental health is something as a group we should do something about. Say convincing an online counseller to be there for help for us (for a fee I guess)

I understand your suggestion of counsellor, though I think the current options in mental health don't quite fit (shrink, psychology, counseller). I feel counsellers aim is to push the person out the door (metaphorically). Much the same as psychologists. I think mental health needs a vocation akin to a 'wise friend and maybe advisor' who isn't trying to push the person. More just a wise listener.
PoetFire

Postby Lisa » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:06 pm

I have had CBT, found it very useful.
Lisa

Postby Pebble » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:32 pm

Hi sweaty Betty
Whereabouts are you based? I have found it helpful to meet with others who have tmau to chat.
Pebble

Postby Iketha » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

I'm considering calling my local Samaritans. Will let you know how it goes
Iketha

Postby Sallybow » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:23 pm

I had cbt to found it helped me loads and also have a great circle of friends and family. I have found the forum and peoples posts extremely helpful to. The way I look at it now I don't care what strangers think of me and this is not going to ruin my life some people are terminally ill or severly disabled so I feel blessed.
Sallybow

Return to treatment