clothes

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Re: clothes

Postby smelly » Sat May 14, 2011 7:21 pm

I think the cirtic acid wash followed by vanish oxy is doing the job, thanks to calibans brilliant tip.

Problem is that its so efficient at removing the TMAU chemical that I think it is coming out of the clothes and seeping into the rubber parts of the machine and causing them to smell so strongly even I can smell the ammonia type odour. I wonder what will looosen it? Ive done empty cycles at 95oC with citric acid and its not making much diffrence. if anyone has same problem and overcomeit can you post please? My neighbours will appreciate it ,since the hot weather is magnifying odour while the windows are shut during day while Im out :lol:
smelly

Postby mike121 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:15 am

daazander wrote:How do you get the smell out of your T-shirt Manufacturer, after washing and drying the fish smell is still there? Have you found any products in the UK that work for you?

You will remove fishy odor at home with this simple tricks:-

1 Rinse and Repeat

Fish aromas are often difficult to remove from clothing with just one wash. If the smell remains after the first wash, try washing it a second or third time.
2 Air + Sun Dry

Hanging your clothes outside within the sun to air dry can work wonders for removing odors from clothing. The natural solar rays and wind work to neutralize and carry off the smell.

3 Baking Soda

Baking soda is one of the best tools in removing fish based odors. If you know that your clothes will need an additional boost to remove odor, add a 1/2 cup of baking soda to your wash load along with your normal laundry detergent.

4 Dish Detergent

Dish detergent contains unique compounds that help in breaking down organic fish residue. Hand wash your fish infused clothing with this formula int the sink. Finish by placing clothing within the washing machine for an entire cycle.
mike121

Postby Iketha » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:15 am

Thank you for the tips with washing clothes. I have been struggling, buying new clothes, spending loads on washing powders but none has worked. I'm trying citric acid and ecover. I think its helping but I need several washes to get the smell out. Its a relief and a step closer to a normal life.
Iketha

Postby noturbo » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:22 pm

Just thought i'd chime in, if someone wants to try the citric acid in the wash I'm pretty sure you can get it very cheap in Wilkos in the UK. It will be in the homebrewing department with brewers yeast etc. I havnt bought it for a couple of years but i'm sure it will still be available. Sorry if this is a bit of useless information or stating the obvious but just trying to help in some way :|
noturbo

Previous

Return to treatment